Wednesday, March 2, 2005

Eight Things I Love

I only have a couple of days left to be an AOL Journal celebrity so I thought I'd take a minute to tell you about some things that I've been enjoying lately.

1. Arrested Development- FOX Sundays 8:30 EST- If you've been reading all week, this one was obvious.  Watch the show this week and buy the DVD of Season 1, which I hear is on sale at Target.  That's how much I love the show- I work for Wal-mart but am telling you about a sale at Target.

2. LOST- Tonight is the last new episode until mid-April.  Three letters: WTF?  Be sure to stop by tomorrow and read my world-famous episode recap.  It will be the last new one for a while.

3. DVR- If you don't have the ability to pause live TV and record shows without a VCR, I pity you.  Right now, I am watching wrestling from two weeks ago because I can tell my TV to tape something automatically.  Awesome!  Incidentally, if you think it's too expensive or something, it's really not.  I think it added 4 dollars to my cable bill when I made the switch.

4. Sirius Satellite Radio- I'm sure I've mentioned before how much I loathe Central NY radio.  If you are the average Joe living in Utica, NY- you most likely have never heard of Franz Ferdinand or Interpol.  I can't tell you how many times I slammed off my radio in the car because I preferred listening to nothing!  The modern rock station considers GnR to be modern.  Ugh!  I Love Sirius and I am never going back to regular radio. 

5. Realplayer Rhapsody- For a small monthly fee, you can listen to just about any song you want on demand.  They charge extra to burn a CD but I now have no use for CDs.  It's Sirius in the car and a lengthy Rhapsody playlist set on Shuffle at home.  It's like programming my own personal radio station.

6. America Online- I can't tell you how many friends I've made online.  I can go to a message board and talk to other Lost fanatics.  I have met so many new people this week just because they stopped here to drop a note in my journal.  And yes, in 1999, I met my wife on here.  Don't knock it :-) 

7. Spider-man 2 for Playstation 2- This game has done the impossible and split time with football.  The scope of the Manhattan they have created for this game has to be seen to believed.  You can explore every nook and cranny of every building- even catch a helicopter and fly out to visit the Statue of Liberty.  The storyline of the game is fairly easy, but when you're done you can spend as long as you want helping citizens and finding hidden secret tokens.  Amazing Spider-man has an amazing game.

8. Trafford.com- Had to give a shout-out to the company that is going to help me to live my dream of publishing a novel.  For more information on how that's going, check out kevinjburke.com

That's it for now- See you tomorrow for LOST! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am a SERIOUS SERIOUS CRAZY LOST FANATIC mail me a list of sights so i can talk to some other lost fans.....thanks by the way great journal entry...ill have to try doing what you did and write down my favorite things...thanks for the idea..kate