Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Still Alive

  Sorry I haven't updated in forever.  There has just been no time for anything lately.  I had to stay 2 hours late every night at work last week which put me home between 3 and 4am.  This in turn made me sleep longer and have to go to work almost as soon as I got up.  Saturday and Sunday I worked OT and last night I stayed an extra hour and a half.  Trying to score a big paycheck does not leave much room for free time. 

  In addition, our wireless router was fried by my wife doing what Vonage tech support told her to.  (Vonage= BAD.  Use at own risk.)  Plus, our DVR has gone cuckoo and decided it doesn't really care if I want to see LOST or Veronica Mars- it's not recording them!  If it had a tongue, I think it would give me the raspberries.  Fortunately, I can eventually watch those shows online, but that's why I missed the LOST recap yet again last week and might again this week.  Here, have a delicious sucks donut.

  I also haven't done an audio show in a few weeks because of snow days, school vacations, fatigue and not being able to use the laptop.

Now that I'm done crying a river, here's a few random thoughts:

-The "Company Man" episode of Heroes was freakin' awesome.  Heroes is slightly better than LOST at the moment.  The LOST continuous season, while great, really needs to pick up steam.

- I had the strange urge to watch Open Water 2, even though I hated Open Water 1, and I did end up liking it a lot better.  The premise this time is that a group of morons forget to lower the ladder on their yacht and can't get back on the boat.  It's a lot more intriguing than the first depressingly hopeless movie because this time you can see salvation right there and if they could just overcome their own stupidity, they could save themselves.  It's a definite 'yell at the screen' movie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

P.S. I loved the newest "Heroes" as well.

Anonymous said...

I own/like "Open Water" (the first one) and I didn't even know they made a second one. That's so weird to make a sequel to that movie. The first one was filmed by a hand-held digital camera OVER THE COURSE OF TWO YEARS by a husband and wife duo (not the actors, the movie-makers). Did the same people make the sequel, too? Poop to that!

I TiVo'ed "Veronica Mars" the other night and it turned out to be a stupid basketball game! I hate local programming.

Be glad you missed "LOST." Hurley is one annoying bastid.