Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Nighttime Activities

  It doesn't happen very often, but last night I woke up screaming.  Like literally screaming.  My wife had to tell me to knock it off.  Here's what I know.  It only happens when I sleep on my back, which I hardly ever do.  And it is VERY vivid.  Last night, we were back in the beach house but it was winter now.  A voice said, "Sorry I didn't take your coats", and suddenly a chair floated up into the air and our scarves and coats started piling on top of it.  I know, it sounds more like Harry Potter than a nightmare.  I didn't wake up screaming because I was scared- I was screaming because I was excited that I had just found proof that ghosts exist.  But apparently in the world outside my brain, screaming is just screaming and my wife was not as equally excited about my discovery. 

  The time before that was a real nightmare.  It was probably two years ago at least, but I still have the one image burned into me.  I was walking along a frozen lake when I looked down and saw a dead young woman in a nightgown.  As I stared at her face, her eyes popped open like in a horror movie.  I don't care if it was a dream- that was just about the scariest thing that has happened to me ever. 

  But at least I stay in bed at night.  My brother and sister both have some interesting sleepwalking tales to tell.  I won't even try to tell them because they're better at it.  The best one I witnessed was when my brother got up in the middle of the night, took a shower in his sleep and went back to bed.

  What's the weirdest dream or sleepwalking incident you've ever experienced?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Here's what I've been listening to this week:

1. Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo- Bloodhound Gang

2. The Comeback- Shout Out Louds

3. Dance Music- The Mountain Goats

4. My Doorbell- The White Stripes

5. Portions for Foxes- Rilo Kiley

6. Side 2- Dressy Bessy

7. In the Morning- The Coral

8. Oh My God- The Kaiser Chiefs

9. Hey Now Now- The Cloud Room

10. Girl- Beck

---------------------------------------------------------------

DATES TO REMEMBER:

Sept. 6- LOST: Season 1 available on DVD.

Sept. 18- Arrested Development loses the Emmy for Best Comedy to Desperate Housewives.  Ceremony airs on CBS.

Sept. 19- Season 3 of Arrested Development begins on FOX.

Sept. 21- Season 2 of LOST begins on ABC.

Oct. 11- Season 2 of Arrested Development available on DVD.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think my weirdest sleep walking moment would have to be when i walked out of the hotel room in the middle of the night.  i knocked on the wrong door and a woman on the other side said...um i dont know you. after that i was so embarresed that i went down to the lobby and the lady there had to call my mom who thought i was still asleep next to her