Thursday, August 31, 2006

I am so good-looking

  It seems like I'm always apologizing for the lack of updates.  This time I have a lot of things I've been meaning to talk about but not enough time to sit down here and do it.  The 1 o'clock hour when I have to leave for work sneaks up fast.

  Last night I was finally allowed to be on my own.  No more technically unnecessary training.  So of course, I got the worst truck- just a big mess.  But I handled it.

Co-worker: What are you doing, Kevin?

Me: It's called 'trial by fire'.

Co-worker: No, they wouldn't fire you.

----

  I have to make a correction to a comment I made when I was discussing television in a previous entry.  I said that no new show I watched made it to a second season.  However, I forgot about Prison Break.  I think I forgot about it because I caught up with it during a mid-season marathon and didn't take the normal road of summer anticipation.  All I remember of last year at this time was eagerly waiting for Threshold and Reunion and both of those shows were axed way too quickly.  It still stings!

----

  Time to issue some big GET WELL SOONS.  First to Lisa, my most consistent comment giver, who recently underwent a lobotomy.  Hugs and love!  It sounds like you're doing well but we want you to be back at 100% soon.

  Second, to my favorite wrestler ever, Kurt Angle, who was recently granted an early release from WWE.  The guy is so tough that he was trying to wrestle with a lot of nagging injuries (such as a groin tear!).  It finally caught up with him as he is now addicted to painkillers and getting a divorce.  I sincerely hope Kurt can get his life back in order and get back into championship form.  We do not need another high profile wrestler on the deceased list.  Especially one of the best ever.

----

  Last Saturday my brother and I went to see Beerfest.  Another lowbrow comedy that scores.  I particularly enjoyed the satire.  Like Snakes, the movie is funnier if you are in on the joke that it's only a movie.  Beerfest acknowledges the cliches it presents and revels in them.  Either I'm being too nice lately or I'm only seeing things I know I will like, but Beerfest is another Grade A.

----

This Week's Top Ten

1. Fidelity- Regina Spektor

2. Le Disko- Shiny Toy Guns

3. Love Me or Hate Me- Lady Sovereign

4. LDN- Lily Allen

5. Penny on the Traintracks- Ben Kweller

6. Long Distance Call- Phoenix

7. Stalking You on Myspace- John B

8. In The Morning- Razorlight

9. Is It Any Wonder?- Keane

10. Better- Regina Spektor

---

Today I weigh 204 lbs.  Only 4 away from my original goal in only 3 months!  That would be 40 dropped.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

P.S. The size of your font offends me!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the weight-loss! I admire your determination. I, however, am a lazy slob. I need to lose some weight but the truth is that I don't feel like getting off my ass to do anything. Ha.  I'll admit it! But I worry about the health problems I will have down the road so I should do something soon. Soon....

Another list of good/great songs. Keep it up.

Did your friend really have a lobotomy?? I hope she's alright!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the weight loss!!  You are doing great!!!!  Poor Kurt, I feel bad for him, I actually know who he is and he is a great wrestler.  Thanks for the get well wishes!  Labotomy!?  Funny!!  My hubby was telling everyone the same thing.  ;)
Hugs and love,
Lisa