Friday, June 16, 2006

Glad You're Not Sterile!

  Two distinct memories of my dreams last night:  First, I was on the game show Supermarket Sweep and I was grabbing all the silicone pads I could.  At thirty bucks a pop, I knew I was going to win.

  Later, Locke put Jack and Kate into a closet and locked them in.  Then they started making out.  Apparently my vision of LOST would be ripped directly from the party scene in Teen Wolf.  Locke = Stiles

 ----

  Kasey did very well in her play today.  She didn't screw up her line or anything.  The kids sang a song about listening to your parents that I will have to learn so I can sing it to her every time she starts acting up.  Musical discipline rules!

---

  I was pleased to discover this morning that I have lost somewhere between three and five pounds so far.  (It's hard to read every little line on the scale even with my contacts in.)

    As I was running, a little old lady said hello to me from her driveway.  Look, I appreciate friendliness, but don't say hi to me when I am out there giving myself a heart attack, please.  I gasped a response, but I'm not sure if I made any sound through the wheezing. 

  And in case you're wondering what my title was all about, I was just thinking of some other balloons that could be put in front of a house I ran past.  There were two already tied to the mailbox. 

The first one said - It's a Boy!  

The second one said- Congratulations!  You did it!

  I couldn't help but laugh hysterically (this was early on in the run, before I lost my breath).  Either they have a baby and a graduate in the same house, or somebody got a pretty weird balloon.  Maybe the second balloon is for the baby.  "You did it!  You were born!"  Or maybe it's a ribbing for the dad from some male friends.  "You did it!  You knocked up your wife!"  Or maybe it's to the mom.  "You did it.  You pushed it out!" 

  Of course, I am a really mean guy so the first thing I thought of was "You did it!  You actually carried to full term." 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, you are BAD!!  They probably do have a graduate and a new baby in the house.  Kids do graduate from Preschool, Elementary, Middle School, High School AND College nowanddays.  LOL!  But, you are right, that balloon would have had me thinking too.  You have some funky ass dreams Mister!!  I thought I was bad!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Your dreams don't even COMPETE with the ones I had back when I was on the meds!

Oh, and that balloon thing was hilarious.