Monday, June 12, 2006

Update

  I've let almost a week go by again!  Time just goes too quickly, and summer is only going to make it worse.

  I went to the doctor last week and told him about how I still have all the pain and symptoms I had before and how I have trouble with doors and bottle caps and carrying things and how my incisions are still red and hurt to the touch.  He said this is all perfectly normal and it simply takes a long time to get better.  He thinks I'll be able to go back to work in July, but I don't know.  In the meantime, I am going back to therapy- hoefully that will help me start to feel better.

---

  I just finished Morning 9 of my physical fitness regimen.  I had a plan to run farther than ever but on my second trip around our long block, I had to stop.  Then as I took the walk of shame back home, my legs almost buckled.  I guess it takes a long time to get into shape too.  I've been running for 9 days and I don't feel any different and I haven't lost any weight. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

But, your heart is getting healthier, that's what is important!  My hubby just started walking about 4 weeks ago and he hated it at first too, but now he enjoys it.  Guess it's because he gets time away from US!  LOL!  Try to walk and not run.  Always better to start out slower rather than burn yourself out too quickly.  Sorry to hear about your hand still bothering you.  I hear that that type of surgery does take a very long time to heal.  Just take your time and enjoy the time off of work!
Hugs and love,
Lisa
P.S.:  Book?  HELLO?  No mention of you writing.  Hmmmm, getting antsy over here.  ;)

Anonymous said...

I've read that it's normal to feel like that when you first start working out regularly. Me? I wouldn't know. I'm a lazy bum.

Anonymous said...

P.S. HOLY 86. I am listening to THE EXACT SAME SONG.