Thursday, June 15, 2006

Scar tissue that I wish you saw; sarcastic Mr. Know-it-all

Medical Equipment Lesson of the Day:

COBAN: Coban consists of a flesh coloured, water-vapour permeable, non-woven polyester fabric containing longitudinal strands of polyester urethane (elastane). The fabric is coated with a self-adherent substance that gives the bandage the ability to stick to itself but not to skin or clothing. The elastane strands impart a degree of elasticity to the bandage and the cohesive coating ensures that it does not become displaced once applied. As a result Coban can effectively maintain limited but significant levels of sub-bandage pressure.

...Okay, so my physical therapist today told me that I needed to get some coban.  I had no idea what that was, so I had to look it up.  The problem I am having now is that I can't find the stuff!  Does anyone know where you can buy coban?  They didn't have it at Wal-mart or Eckerd. 

  Yes, I went back to physical therapy today.  Kate, the therapist, was shocked at how sore and red my wrists were and also said I have a lot of scar tissue.  So we started scar tissue therapy, which is supposed to take three months.  Will I ever go back to work?

Me: So where do I get this coban?

Kate: They have it at Wal-mart (liar!)  It should be in the pharmacy.  With the stuff.  Um, the stuff that reduces scarring.

Me: Oh yeah, the 'stuff that reduces scarring aisle'. 

Kate:  Yeah.  (laughs)  Sorry. 

------

  Every four years, I try to watch the World Cup and see what all the fuss is about.  It's okay to watch- I like that there's a major sporting event on in the middle of the day with no commercials, but I simply don't get how this is the greatest sport in the world.  Studios have put off their summer blockbusters because the World Cup will kill box office sales.  Germany changes its law that banks must be open for at least four hours a day.  All of England has called in sick.  To the rest of the world I say- Whatever, dudes!

(This coming from the person who planned his vacation days to watch football in 2003, 04 and 05.)

---

 I just got back from the Pepsi Arena box office, where I bought my brother and I tickets to Tusday's taping of WWE Friday Night Smackdown.  Next week, this journal will contain spoilers!  The good news is that they're also taping the new ECW the same night and since Kurt Angle just moved there, I should get to see my man again. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're getting smackdown and ecw? Sweet.
You've had a lot of typos lately - blaming bad hands is a coward's excuse!

Anonymous said...

Never heard of that Coban stuff, but I would look at CVS.  Do you have a CVS near you??  I am never sure if they are just around here or not.  LOL!  I hope you start to feel better soon.  It sure doesn't sound like you are healing right.
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Now I have that darn "Scar Tissue" song stuck in my head!