Saturday, November 18, 2006

The Best of 2006- #43

 #43 is Bullets by Editors

I got a comment on Myspace from my cousin's GF, Frances telling me about how awful it is that I will miss Thanksgiving because they have the LOST role playing game.  I agree.  I have never missed Thanksgiving!  Stupid work!  Plus, they've already told us that there will be no work but they won't schedule anyone off. 

  Here is my official reply to Frances' comment:

  I've never had to work on Thanksgiving before. It's going to stink! BTW, the new Entertainment Weekly with James Bond on the cover has an ad in it for the 2007 World Series of Pop Culture. It will be in New York on the weekend of Jan 12. Sean and I have to do it! We need a third person and I was leaning toward my brother, but I don't know. I might feel better if we can find some old broken down derelict who was once a proud champion and we have to whip him back into shape and remind him of his former glory and that it's never too late to give up on your dreams. I picture a montage where we dust him off and at first he's terrible at the questions, but then we clean him up, get him a haircut, give him a shave and then finally he gets that twinkle back in his eye when he overhears two people talking in the background and one of them clearly has the character's name wrong. Then he corrects them, repeating the right name over and over like some strange mantra, ("Garth's last name was Algar!"), his former life beckoning to him from the past, and the broken down bum starts dancing in the streets, grabbing us by the shoulders and smiling, still screaming the answer like it has saved his life and, in a way, it has, because at last he is inspired to join our team and help us win the 2007 World Series of Pop Culture. This could happen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ho ho ho

Anonymous said...

....Green Giant!

haha I saw the ho ho ho and thought I'd ad that.

And also to say, hi :)

~Tricia