Friday, November 10, 2006

I'm Back

  Did you miss me?  Don't be shy.  You know you did.  We just moved into an apartment and the cable company wouldn't come to hook us up for a whole week.  What a terrible thing to happen during a sweeps month!  Fortunately, this TV season is unlike any other in history, as now you can watch almost anything for free on the internet.  I've caught up with LOST, Desperate Housewives and I just watched the director's cut of The Office.  It will take some time but I think we can get through this and get caught up.  Except for Veronica Mars.  Get on board with the wave of the future CW!  Offer your shows online!

  ---

  In my little spare time these last couple of weeks, I've been doing something I look forward to all year.  Compiling my list of favorite songs of the year.  Each year seems to get tougher and tougher, but overall I am pleased with my list and I think if I had to do it over again without referencing the final product, it would probably come out about the same.  The Top 50 starts tomorrow so today I'm going to blow out #'s 150-51.  This entry is going to be long.  To the one or two people who will read it: Enjoy!

150. When the Sun Goes Down- Arctic Monkeys

149. New Years- Asobi Seksu

148. Out Here All Night- Damone

147. Adventure Rocket Ship- Robyn Hitchcock

146. Cruel- Calexico

145. To Go Home- M. Ward

144. Lonesome Valley- Magnolia Electric Co.

143. End of the Line- Mohair

142. AM Slow Golden Hit- Hotel Lights

141. Wolf Like Me- TV on the Radio

140. Tricycle- Psapp

139. We Share Our Mother's Health- The Knife

138. Don't Listen to the Radio- The Vines

137. Just Drums- Tapes 'n' Tapes

136. An Old Familiar Scene- Elf Power

135. Louisiana- The Walkmen

134. Jekyll n Hyde- Ella Rouge

133. Situation- Irving

132. Standing in the Way of Control- Gossip

131. Key of C- Jim Noir

130. Shot Down- Nine Black Alps

129. When You Were Young- The Killers

128. Enemies Like This- Radio 4

127. Boys Wanna Be Her- Peaches

126. Consolation Prizes- Phoenix

125. The Compromise- The Format

124. Stuck Between Stations- The Hold Steady

123. Sing- The Dresden Dolls

122. Suddenly I See- KT Tunstall

121. Plan of the Man- The M's

120. Meds- Placebo

119. Eanie Meany- Jim Noir

118. Paralyzed- Rock Kills Kid

117. Thursday- Asobi Seksu

116. Suzie- Boy Kill Boy

115. I Need Some Fine Wine and You Need To Be Nicer- The Cardigans

114. I Bet You Look Good on the Dance Floor- Arctic Monkeys

113. Enough To Get Away- Joseph Arthur

112. Absolutely Nothing- Lily Allen

111. Bad Education- Tilly and the Whale

110. I Will Follow You Into the Dark- Death Cab for Cutie

109. Lazy Eye- Silversun Pickups

108. Love is Stronger Than Witchcraft- Robert Pollard

107. Love You in the Fall- Paul Westerberg

106. Hate (I Really Don't Like You)- Plain White T's

105. Steady, As She Goes- The Raconteurs

104. Miss Murder- AFI

103. The Big Guns- Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins

102. Oh My- Mellowdrone

101. This Time- DJ Shadow

100. Naive- The Kooks

99. Hard to Beat- Hard-Fi

98. Let the Sirens Rest- Now It's Overhead

97. Idecide- What Made Milwaukee Famous

96. Quiet as a Mouse- Margot & The Nuclear So and So's

95. Half Dead- The Mountain Goats

94. Your Eyes- Aloha

93. Gone Daddy Gone

92. Skip to the End- Futureheads

91. Well Thought Out Twinkles- Silversun Pickups

90. MakeDamnSure- Taking Back Sunday

89. Is It Any Wonder?- Keane

88. February- The Appleseed Cast

87. There Is No Ending- The Arab Strap

86. Ooh La La- Goldfrapp

85. The Blues Are Still Blue- Belle & Sebastian

84. Chips Ahoy!- The Hold Steady

83. I Don't Feel Like Dancin'- Scissor Sisters

82. Exeter, Rhode Island- Jennifer O'Connor

81. In The Morning- Razorlight

80. Mr. Tough- Yo La Tengo

79. Postcards From Italy- Beirut

78. I've Been Stalking You On Myspace- John B

77. Sister Twisted- Kinky

76. Breaking The Ice- Mojave 3

75. Fishnets and Cigarettes- New York Dolls

74. Breath Me- Sia

73. Saying Sorry- Hawthorne Heights

72. Hey! Is That a Ninja Up There?- Minus the Bear

71. No Key, No Plan- Okkervil River

70. If You Talk Too Much (My Head Will Explode)- People in Planes

69. Your Touch- The Black Keys

68. I Want You So Hard- Eagles of Death Metal

67. Happy- Snowglobe

66. O Valencia- The Decemberists

65. Wicked Light Sleeper- The Joggers

64. Not Going Home- The Elected

63. Dream Sequence- The Arab Strap

62. With a Gun- The Minus 5 

61. God is Going to Get Sick of Me- Aberdeen City

60. Dancing on the Lip of a Volcano- New York Dolls

59. Snakes in the Grass- Essex Green

58. Monster Hospital- Metric

57. Lloyd, I'm Ready To Be Heartbroken- Camera Obscura

56. Be Gentle With Me- The Boy Least Likely To

55. Treasure- Papercranes

54. You Have Killed Me- Morrissey

53. Bang Bang, You're Dead- Dirty Pretty Things

52. Elevate Myself- Grandaddy

51. Penny on the Train Track- Ben Kweller

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I give you credit for doing these lists!  They must take a very long time to compile!  New apartment huh?!  Are you liking it?!  Is is bigger and better?  I know, lots of questions huh?  Sorry I couldn't get here yesterday, but AOHELL had other plans.
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

It scares me how many songs we have in common.