Monday, November 27, 2006

The Best of 2006- #34

 #34 is Shine a Light by Wolf Parade.

This upload seems to have not worked at all, so here is the myspace link: www.myspace.com/wolfparade

I can barely understand the lyrics, but sometimes that doesn't matter.  :)

------

  I knew this would become a trend as the television landscape changes more and more.  I am talking about the "fall finale."  Mini-seasons are not just for cable anymore.  This week Desperate Housewives, Prison Break, and Jericho go away for the rest of the calendar year and The Nine has been yanked with no specifics on a return.  The networks have been patted on the back for being patient this year, yet some great stuff has still been given no chance.  I've given up on Kidnapped since only the current episode is available online.  If I didn't know that the series had become online only until two weeks in, how am I supposed to get caught up?  I will wait for the DVD and hope it is a big seller.  Man-crush on The Sisto aside, Kidnapped is really good and yes, Jeremy is one of the main reasons why.  It's only crime was starting too slowly.  Things really picked up once the show was already dead in the water. 

---

It amazes me that an entire 3 hours of a football game can be decided on just one play.  Mathias Kiwanuka not finishing his game-clinching sack of Vince Young, literally cost the Giants the game.  If he makes sure the guy is on his butt instead of inexplicably letting go and immediatly turning his back on his opponent in midplay, the Giants win instead of lose.  It was the most mind-boggling thing I have ever seen and I've seen the Giants blow games before.  That play was just surreal.

As for picking the games, I am slowly climbing out of my season-long slump.  I have climbed up the standings in my cousin's pool and while I am still 14 games out of first, I am just six games out of 5th place, which is the first spot to get prize money at the end of the season.  Still no hope for the family pool as shaving 6 games off my sister-in-law's lead still puts me 17 behind.  Kudos to my wife though, who has eliminated a 13 game lead in just three weeks.  If the Packers win tonight, she will pull into a tie for the lead.  The lesson, of course is, it's better to not know anything about football and just guess than it is to overanalyze everything.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate fall finales about as much as I hate nail-biting cliffhangers. Hate hate hate!

I find it cruel that when I have the MOST time to watch shows (aka during winter break from school) is when the shows get PULLED!