Saturday, November 12, 2005

The Best of 2005- #49

  #49 on my own personal Best of 2005 countdown is Nobody Move, Nobody Get Hurt by We Are Scientists.  You can watch their low-budget, yet very funny video (in which the band is attacked mid-song by a ferocious bear) right here:

Music Archive Videos: We Are Scientists :Nobody Move Nobody Get Hurt :'Nobody Move Nobody Get Hurt'

  As you can probably tell by the name of the link, Nobody Move, Nobody Get Hurt is the title track from the band's debut on a major label (Virgin).  Here are the vital statistics on We Are Scientists-

Band: We Are Scientists

Hometown: Brooklyn, NY

Members: Guitarist/lead vocalist Keith Murray, bass player Chris Cain, and drummer Michael Tapper

Currently touring with: Hot Hot Heat

Why Nobody Move, Nobody Get Hurt is #49:  This is one of those songs that hooked me right away.  I am notoriously bad at giving anything a chance, even bands I like, because I always flip through the radio stations looking for something I know the words to.  I know it's a little crazy for someone who is so into new and offbeat music, but that's just me.  Anyway, like I said, I never went through a phase where I was shutting this song off automatically- I listened to it and liked it the first time.  The words are easy to understand, though slightly repetitive so I wouldn't listen to it 100 times in a row or anything, but at this point, it still gets turned up whenever it comes on.

  You can visit We Are Scientists at their website, which is conveniently located at wearescientists.com.  I just found this site today while doing my research and I implore you to take a minute to read the band's slightly wacky advice column.  Also, if you don't like AOL's addition of a pre-video Wendy's commercial, the video is also on the official site commercial free.  It loaded pretty easily for me.

The Sci-Cave : We Are Scientists

My body is your body,  I won't tell anybody, if you want to use my body, go for it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So far I think the videos for these songs are much better than the music.