Tuesday, January 24, 2006

What's goin' on

  Sunday I had my book signing party at my aunt's house and sold every single copy I had.  Yay! 

  I am typing this mostly with one hand as my left has been rendered nearly useless.  The doctor told me he wanted to  try conservative treatment before resorting to surgery, so he he had my left hand numbed and shot up with cortizone.  I said to my wife, "I went in complaining about pain and numbness so they did something that gave me more pain and more numbness- what kind of treatment is that??"  Ha ha.  I also have to schedule physical therapy and more shots, then go back to see him in 6 weeks.

  The other interesting thing was that he said he is going to write a letter to wal-mart and tell them that I should get worker compensation.  I told him they wont like that since they tell their employees to see their doctor and I never officially reported anything about my hands other than the one time I came home on a non-medically treated accident.  He said that in NY you have the legal right to see any doctor you want and that if they told me I had to go to their dr, then that was bullcrap.  He used the word bullcrap.  I just wanted to get treated for a condition I have that has been causing me pain.  I didn't want to start a legal dispute.  Should be interesting to see how Wally reacts to this.

  Send sympathy to: capthappyv2@aol.com

If you wish to send flowers and shower me with gifts, let me know and I will give you my mailing address.  I will also be ordering more of my books from Trafford soon, so if you would like to buy one or want to send a book to me to sign, let me know that too.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want a book!!  And now that the tax refund will be coming within a few weeks, I can actually order one!  HOORAY!!!  And, I can get one signed and afford the postage!  WOW!  I am rich I tell ya', rich!!!!  I will try to fit in your book with all my historical romances.  Hee-hee.  I am sure Wally World is going to just LOVE getting that letter from your doc by the way.  Will it be on the news do you think??
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Ugh...sorry your hand is giving you so much trouble.  Maybe you should be using a tape recorder, since you can't write so much.  Don't want to forget any bright ideas you may get...hehehe  

If you get a chance, can you email me your address so that I can send you my book to sign?  TY!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congratulations.