Tuesday, July 18, 2006

1 chocolate chip cookie has 80 calories

  My new favorite thing to do at the grocery store is read the labels and drop my jaw at how bad for you junk food really is.  Chocolate labels I find particularly frightening.  If you can't live without your Hershey's and all that, do yourself a favor and remain blisfully ignorant of the label. 

  Even lunch can nail you.  The other day we looked at the back of a box of frozen White Castle hamburgers.  Eating two of those, you intake 310 calories.  When I think that I used to eat six of them for lunch, it is almost enough to make me sick. 

  I think this thirty-year-old, more mature and responsible lifestyle suits me better.  My stomach has literally shrunk, as the other night at dinner, I couldn't even finish a rack of ribs.  I can't wait to hit the beach and see what my extended family says.  They last saw me at 240 and now I'm 220.

 ----

  Saturday night, we went to see the sneak preview of Monster House.  I was blown away.  I have not been this impressed with an animated film since Toy Story 2.  Monster House is the best cartoon I have seen as an adult.  First, the story is a little more mature than most kiddie movies.  There are some genuinely scary parts-we asked Kasey several times if she wanted to leave.  She was trembling and clinging to my arm for most of the movie and hasn't slept in her own bed since.   Second, the actual animation is fantastic.  Before the first character appears on screen, the outdoor shots look real.  And were several times I was impressed with camera angles and movements I had never seen before in a cartoon.

Monster House gets a rare A+.  Go see it this Friday.

---

  Here's what I've been listening to this week:

1. LDN- Lily Allen

2. The Other Side of Mt. Heart Attack- Liars

3. Dancing on the Lip of a Volcano- New York Dolls

4. Connecticut's for F*cking- Jesus H. Christ and the Four Hornsmen of the Apocalypse

5. How We Operate- Gomez

6. Smile- Lily Allen

7. Out Here All Night- Damone

8. Happy- Snowglobe

9. Lloyd, I'm Ready To Be Heartbroken- Camera Obscura

10. Snakes in the Grass- Essex Green

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My kids have no desire to see Monster House.  It looks WAY too scary for them!  I think this is a cartoon made just for adults personally.  Glad you liked it though.

Don't become obsessed about calorie/fat intake!!  Geez!  We don't need another one of "those" around now do we??  "Ummm, excuse me, did you know that piece of pie you are eating has over 30 grams of fat?  Just though you'd like to know" as you walk blissfully away with your thin self!  LOL!
Hugs and love,
Lisa