Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Things To Watch

Lots of stuff on the TV tonight:

8:00- Big Brother All-Stars.  I think it was way too early to start playing hardball with the people you want out- especially when the one you want out currently holds the power.  I think Danielle is toast unless she can win the veto tonight.

9:00- Last Comic Standing.  I think Josh Blue is a shoo-in to win on sympathy votes alone.  For a bonus, he really is genuinely funny.  I'm really interested to see who gets kicked off tonight for "breaking the rules."  What could that possibly mean?

10:00- The World Series of Pop Culture.  My brother told me about this show on VH1 and I just got done watching the first episode on the internet.  I only got three questions wrong.  I can see myself becoming really frustrated by this show, just for the simple fact that I think I should be on it.  Me, my brother and my cousin- we could have nailed this thing.  Of course, I would be the ace.  When are the auditions for the second one?  :-)

 

We finally finished the second season of 24 that we got from Netflix.  I enjoyed the first season much more.  They should have tried to stretch the bomb threat for the entire day, because everything after that seemed anticlimactic and unrealistic.  Why was it so imperative to go to war immediately that the president would have to be removed for not doing it?  That was just stupid.  George Mason became the best character on the show after he got his death sentence and his death half way through  was also part of the letdown.  I still have high hopes for the third season, since I've heard the show only gets better.  By the fall we should be all caught up.

 

I enjoyed the remake of The Hills Have Eyes.  Very gory and, while not scary, it was still intense.  The thing that seperates it from most horror movies is that the victims are not sexed-crazed, stupid teenagers, but a family.  Even if you don't like every character, it's hard not to feel more horrified than normal when moms and dads and kids start getting picked off.  B+

Failure to Launch was one of the biggest pieces of crap I've ever seen.  Granted, the romantic comedy genre is not normally something I flock to, but I can enjoy them if they are well done.  This was not.  The plot is ridiculously contrived and the parts that aren't predictableare only unpredictable because of their utter bizareness.  Just a complete mess and a real crime that one of my favorite actresses, Zooey Dechanel, allowed herself to be typecast (as the smartass) in this crapfest.  F+

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am also watching BB All Stars and don't have any favs yet.  It's too early to tell, but you know from last year that I HATED Janelle and she is back and had the power of veto.  Sigh.  Oh well, guess I'll have to deal with her blonde self for this season too now.  UGGGHHHHH!  I like Dr. Will just because he is so devious!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

The premise of "Failure to Launch" is bad enough, but with the additions of Horse Face and McWhatsHisFace made it unwatchable for me.