Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Update

- I'm heavily leaning toward just quitting my job.  I can't get through to my case handler so I don't know what she is going to do about the doctor situation, but I talked it over with Kate and she believes that even if I ever did get 100% better, the CTS would just come back.  Going back to the job that caused the problem before I'm healed would just make things worse.  The pluses of quitting are: I wouldn't have to drive 45 minutes to work/ I can try to get a job that makes use of my college education/ I would get to go on the family vacation in a couple of weeks.  The negatives of quitting: I leave behind a job where I have put in more than 5 years/ I would be unemployed and physically damaged.

- I've been looking into getting an agent.  If I could land a reputable one, that could really be a writing career launching pad.  Unfortunately, the task of finding a reputable agent that will give me the time of day is rather daunting.  From what I've read so far, the world of literary agents is full of pitfalls and scams.  Let's keep our fingers crossed.

- Here's what I've been listening to this week:

1. How We Operate- Gomez

2. Lloyd, I'm Ready To Be Heartbroken- Camera Obscura

3. Connecticut's For F*cking- Jesus H. Christ and the Four Hornsmen of the Apocalypse

4. Happy- Snowglobe

5. Catastrophe- Rainer Maria

6. Be Gentle With Me- The Boy Least Likely To

7. Smile- Lily Allen

8. The Other Side of Mt. Heart Attack- Liars

9. In The Morning- Razorlight

10. Snakes in the Grass- Essex Green

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote for quiting your job too.  You will only get worse if you go back and why not find a job that you LIKE and actually WANT to go back to each day?!  Good luck!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I've heard of so many scams in the literary world, it isn't even funny. Be VERY careful!