Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Oh, I'm ready for it!

 

   Pardon Mr. Jackson's language, but I can't remember being this excited to see a movie in a long time.  I realize I have fallen into the marketing trap that is internet buzz, but I can't help it.  Snakes on a Plane is going to be the best movie of the summer!

  Last week while I was waiting for my wife and child to emerge from a store at the mall, I got roped into taking a survey about movie trailers.  They asked me a few questions and then determined that I was most qualified to answer questions about the Snakes on a Plane trailer.  The guy ended up asking me all kinds of crazy questions- the funniest thing being if I thought the snake attack was limited to the plane or if there was something else going on.  "Like what?" I asked.  "It seems pretty self-contained."  "Oh, I don't know, like the plane lands at the end and the world is overrun by snakes, like Planet of the Apes."  I sure hope that silly dude didn't blow the surprise ending for me!  LOL

  Okay, Snakes on a Plane- your marketing campaign has roped me in.  Now deliver the goods.  (Come on, bring it! )

---

  Ironically, one of the other movies I could have watched a trailer for, but didn't was Clerks II.  It's ironic because I said I "might" see that one (Snakes was a "probably") and I ended up going to see it yesterday.  It was uproariously funny, but definitely for a niche audience that likes raunchiness.  Not for the easily offended, for sure.  I don't think a minute went by without a bad word being uttered.  If you do not enjoy humor in which characters talk about, watch, or imply that someone performs the most disgustingly deviant sex acts, then avoid this film.    Clerks II grade: A

Ok, THIS is probably my last post before vacation!  Bye!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You definitely have odd tastes when it comes to movies!  But, the good news is, most of them don't do well at the movie theatres and you can get the videos pretty quickly to watch at home right?!  Have a great vacation!!!!!!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Damn music! lol

I think Samuel L. Jackson has gotten crazier in the last few years.