Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Are you ready for some football?

Here I am with what's becoming a rare mid-week check-in.  I've been meaning to write but, as usual, there are not enough hours in the day. 

In case you didn't hear, the NFL started this past weekend.  It felt pretty good being able to relax and watch the games without having to use vacation time from work to do it.  Or to have to leave for work at halftime like last year.  I will never again work the weekend night shift.

Anyway, I got absolutely smoked my first week of picking.  I had been meaning to log and explain my picks here, but I'm glad I didn't.  I am already 5 games behind after going 5-11.  It was mostly the little things that got me like the 49ers kicking a FG at the end to cover the spread or the Colts doing the same thing to the Giants.  Of course, who could have known that the week I decide to play it safe and take mostly home teams would be the week the Patriots, Chiefs, Buccaneers, and Redskins would decide to play some of the worst football ever.  Way to show up for the big home opener, boys.

Everything else I wanted to talk about either I can't remember or it doesn't seem that interesting now that I've sat down to write it.  So catch ya later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Football?  Really?  Has that started already?  Gee, that could be why my hubby was glued to the couch on Sunday AND Monday with his headphones on and the occasional clapping I would hear coming from there.  Ugghhh!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Top 10! Top 10! Top 10!