Saturday, April 23, 2005

More Wedding Pictures and a "Surprise"

  Last night I remembered that my wife also had her digital camera at the wedding, so I decided to take a look and see what was on there...

First, on my Thursday night trip to Wendy's, I got a peek at the cook preparing to make the chili:

 Then I finally found a picture of me giving that fantastic toast:

 

  The reception was a wild scene!  On the left you can see that the bride and groom couldn't wait to get their hands on one another:

  

  The other day as my wife was getting out of work, she called and asked if she could bring home a surprise.  I thought, "Cool- pizza."  What the surprise actually was, was my worst nightmare.  I have nothing against animals- I just don't want them in my house.  We tried a cat and got rid of it for being too crazy.  We got rid of a puppy for being too destructive.  And we got rid of our fish because they died.  Now, what the hell is this thing supposed to do?

  No, it's not a rat.  It's a hamster.  It's name is Homer, and I hate it.  D'oh!  I can already tell this is not going to end well.  The cage got put in the bathroom last night because rodents like to run in noise-making wheels in the middle of primetime television.  And this was done by someone who wanted the thing...

     

  Special thanks to Lisa for helping me become an old pro at putting pictures into my entries...as long as it worked.  :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Loved the wedding pictures...lol. And my daughter has the same hamster and she named hers scobby doo, kasey looks sooooo cute in that picture.

Anonymous said...

Oh! i just got the wendys, thing....LMAO

Anonymous said...

Awwww, Homer is adorable!  Comeon, you gotta hold him, they are too cute!  Or you can be like my hubby and say "Stupid rodents in MY house!  People pay to get them exterminated, yet my wife has them in a cage living the good life!".  LOL!  Yes, I have two gerbils, not hamsters.  Hamsters stink, yes, you heard me, their urine just SMELLS!  So, make sure to tell your wife to change the bedding a few times per week or PeeeUUUUUU!  Hee-hee!  Love your pics of the Wendy's chili prep and your toast.  You were looking mighty fine.  ;)
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

if you spray the wheel with non stick spray at the two joint or use alittle corn oil on a dab of paper towel that should fix the squeak.. :) Mel

Anonymous said...

Here's a cheerful thought....be glad you only have one.  Years ago, my wife bought a pair of hamsters for the kids.  Of course it was a couple, she got knocked up, and delivered a dozen or so "cedar chip rats".  But wait....that's not the best part.  Our kids got treated to the wonderful scene of the mother killing, eating the children, and joyously spreading the blood and parts in a scene that Charles Manson would be proud of.  I HAVE NEVER LOOKED AT A HAMSTER IN THE SAME WAY AGAIN!
Chris
http://journals.aol.com/swibirun/Inanethoughtsandinsaneramblings
http://journals.aol.com/swibirun/MyJournalJarSaturdaySixetcanswer

Anonymous said...

I have two things to say: A) That hamster is staring at me, and B) That EXTREMELY graphic tale of the murderous bitch hamster has frightened me and I am now afraid my slumber will be plagued with nightmares. Carry on.