Saturday, July 9, 2005

Local Restaurants Suck

  Tonight we went to a local restaurant that everyone raves about and were thoroughly disappointed.  The ribs were dry, the fries and rolls were store-bought and my wife's ham was inedible.  We will be sticking to chains from now on!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

AND NOW IT'S TIME FOR THE EMBARRASSING MOMENT OF THE WEEK!!!

doh.jpg  This week's winner, once again is my sister, Erin.  That's two out of three for her.  I tried to make it someone different, but this definitely took the prize.  Sorry!

  While in the middle of an amusement park, my sister stopped for a moment at the paved part.  That's right- my sister looked both ways before crossing Sesame Street.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Here's what I've been listening to this week:

1. Side 2- Dressy Bessy

2. Tear You Apart- She Wants Revenge

3. Your Little Hoodrat Friend- The Hold Steady

4. My Doorbell- The White Stripes

5. Dance Music- The Mountain Goats

6. Feel Good Inc.- Gorillaz

7. Diamonds & Guns- Transplants

8. In The Morning- The Coral

9. Dirty Little Secret- The All-American Rejects

10. Baby C'mon- Stephen Malkmus

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummm, where are those really nice bars I sent you huh, huh, huh?  LOL!  I hate when we finally get to go out to eat and the food sucks!  I am a bitch though, I go and complain.   Bet you already knew that though.  ;)
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

ummm don't forget about the stupid gross shirts.  They said "come in and smell our pits"(as in BBQ pit) with the picture of an arm raised in the air.  Yea, that is REAL FUNNY.  I seriously can't belive everyone around here thinks that place is SO great.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, local restaurants are hit and miss but some of the best restaurants I have been to are locals.  You just have to keep trying because chain stores can get so boring.  Frankly, I have NEVER had ribs in a restaurant that come close to mine, but that is because it is economically infeasible to prepare ribs en masse.  Smoking meats is an art that is very time consuming but enjoyable.  There's a guy on the bbq newsgroup that has spent years preparing and finally opened up a restaurant.  Now that is going to be a great local restaurant....damn it if it isn't on the other side of the country :(

Chris
http://journals.aol.com/swibirun/Inanethoughtsandinsaneramblings
http://journals.aol.com/swibirun/MyJournalJarSaturdaySixetcanswer