Thursday, July 21, 2005

Please don't toss me a lit match.

I was going to make an entry about our trip to the Enchanted Forest/Water Safari yesterday, but Kasey made a determined effort to look like a grump or a weirdo in every picture, so I'll just provide the link: Photo: DSCF0698 | enchanted forest album | Keri | Fotki.com

Hopefully, that works.  The other girl is her friend, Emily.

***

This is turning out to be one of those days where I should have just stayed in bed.  While filling my gas can at the station, I splashed gas all over myself.  Then my car kept stalling on the way home because I got stuck behind a line-making truck and kept having to stop and go.  The last time I almost didn't get it started again.  I felt so bad for the people behind me- though they wouldn't have gotten much farther if able to pass me since that truck was there.  Finally, after all I went through to get the gas for the lawnmower, the darn thing wouldn't start.  Right now it's two-thirty and I'm in my pajamas because the gas-soaked pants were my last clean pair.

***

Sorry I haven't tried the borders Lisa sent me- seems like a lot of work.  I don't even know where the things got downloaded to.

***

I know that some of us macho guys show our affection for each other through mockery and good-natured ribbing, and I just learned that we never outgrow it.  Inside the gas station this morning, I saw two old guys recognize each other.  As one guy approached he said, "Hey buddy, what are you doing down here- I thought you died!"  And no, he wasn't serious.  I can't put the proper inflection into type.

***

As some of you know, we will be moving to Albany in a little while and staying with my parents until we can get our own place.  Everyone there hates kittens so I have to do something with mine until then.  Would anyone out there like to or know of anyone who would like to babysit two cats for an undisclosed amount of time?  I just don't know what to do.  Toby must sense what's going on because he just jumped into my lap looking for some affection.  :*( 

***

The rest of the world has caught up to Sirius 26: Left of Center and acknowledged that She Wants Revenge is a real band.  If anyone has Realplayer Rhapsody, you can hear their second song "Out of Control"on there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved the picture of you and Kasey reading together.  Liked the wild girl in the hula skirt, too!  lol

Sorry about your kittens, Capt'n.  Wish I lived closer...what's two more, right?  I guess it would cost too much to board them somewhere.  

Anonymous said...

The pictures came out great!  Sometimes our kids just get into those moods where they see a camera and decide to either stick their tongues out or hide behind their hands.  It pisses me off when they are like that too, but watcha' gonna do?!  Looks like everyone had fun anyway though!  Water park was pretty crowded!  Cute pic of the two of you reading in bed.  I remember reading the book Kasey was reading to my kids all the time!  Those Dr. Seuss books get burned into your brain forever!

I didn't know you were leaving to Albany!!!  Or maybe I did and I forgot.  That stinks.  Moving sucks.  Maybe you can talk your parents into keeping the kittens there with you, but keeping them in one room only???  If I lived close enough I would take them in a heartbeat.  Drive to Connecticut and drop them off.  What's 2 more cats to add to my 6 right?!  
Hugs and love, Lisa