Saturday, July 23, 2005

One Week To Go!

  This time next week, I will be on vacation.  Is there any more comforting thought?  It's the 2 best weeks of the year- screw the other 50!  That includes you Christmas!  Vacation rules!

  Since I won't have computer access next Saturday night, I figured I had better update my music list.  And if you think no one cares- you're wrong!  If you search the internet for She Wants Revenge- you get my journal as a result.  So far, three people have asked me if I have a copy of the song (which I don't :*( The album is not out until October last I heard).  Okay, so that doesn't prove that people care what music I listen to, but maybe it proves that I don't listen to bad music, as my wife and mother seem to think.

Here is an extended list of songs that I will be listening to on vacation...you know, when I'm listening to an actual Alternative station, which they have in south NJ (unlike stupid ignorant Utica).  I will also be cranking the Sirius while in the car of course.  We're taking the wife's car, but I have a plug n play....don't mess with my presets when I'm not in the car with you, Keri!

The buttons are as follows on Band A:

1. Alt Nation  2. Left of Center  3. Faction  4. Octane  5. Spectrum  6.  Pulse  7. 70's  8. 80's  9.Classic Rewind 10. Rawdog Comedy 

  The green is signify the glow of the button numbers on the radio because I am in a weird mood tonight.  Anyway, here's that list.  You can gauge your hip factor by how many of these you've heard of.  In no particular order:

Tear You Apart, Out of Control- She Wants Revenge

Love Steals Us From Loneliness- Idlewild

Come On! Feel The Illinoise- Sufjan Stevens

Brighter Than Sunshine- Aqualung

Over My Head (Cable Car)- The Fray

How We Know- The Thermals

Call To Love- Crooked Fingers

Side 2- Dressy Bessy

Your Little Hoodrat Friend- The Hold Steady

Girl- Beck

Gangsters & Thugs- Transplants  (I have a funny story about this song, but you'll think I'm a bad parent, so forget it)

I Was Never Young- Of Montreal

Middle of Nowhere- Hot Hot Heat

Baby C'Mon- Stephen Malkmus

Trouble With Dreams, Hey Man (Now You're Really Living) -Eels

Maureen- Fountains of Wayne

In The Morning- The Coral

Feel Good Inc. - Gorillaz

Oh My God- The Kaiser Chiefs

Dance Music- The Mountain Goats

Fortress- Pinback

Car Underwater- Armor for Sleep

Reinventing Your Exit- Underoath

Blue Orchid, My Doorbell- The White Stripes

Banquet- Bloc Party

The Comeback- Shout Out Louds

In The Morning- The Coral

Hey Now Now- The Cloud Room

 

Now go look all those up.  I'll be at the beach :-)

No comments: