Thursday, March 23, 2006

Another Rave Review

Here is an excerpt from an e-mail I received this morning from my journal friend Lisa, who just got done reading my book.

  I cannot say enough about your talent as a writer.  You definitely have a gift for this and if I were you, I would start writing my next book if you aren't already.  Another way I judge a good book is if I want to read everything that author wrote after I finish one of their books and I found myself wishing you had another I could start reading as soon as I was done with "In Hiding".  It amazed me how you could get into the female psyche as well as you did being that you are a male too!  How do you know so much??  It is scary!  LOL!  But, it also shows someone that is sensitive to the feelings of others and absorbs things and catalogs them in that brain of yours to use for future reference. 
You are AMAZING and this book was INCREDIBLE!!  I wish Oprah would plug it so you could make millions, that's how good I thought it was (and I hate Oprah, just know what her word does for authors)!  Keep me posted on any new books you might have coming out of that head of yours.  You have a fan here now that's for sure!!!

Thanks for the kind words, Lisa.  It meant a lot to me.

You can read Lisa's journal here: My Life, Warts & All

Lisa has a lot more to say than what she watches on TV and what music she listens to, which makes her journal much better than mine.  Go check it out.

EDIT***  So apparently Lisa's journal is private so you will have to ask her if you really want to read it.  Here is what she wrote in her journal (reprinted without permission!)

our very own J-land author's book "In Hiding".  Kevin is a/k/a Capt Happy in case you didn't know and you can visit his journal HERE .  I cannot say enough about this book!!  As you all may know I am a big time historical romance reader, so this was a total different direction for me to go when I asked to read his book once it was published.  It is a murder mystery and it had me captivated from page one!  He doesn't go into all those boring details that I was used to in my historical romances such as the material of the dresses, drapes, the type of furniture, what the architecture is of the home, etc., he sticks mostly to the actual human characters and what makes them tick.  I actually got half way through the book and sent him an email asking him if any male character in the book had a redeeming quality because I HATED them ALL!  He said that I was supposed to feel that way so I felt better about that.  LOL!  Shows how used to romances I am doesn't it?  The female lead has something tragic happen to her right in the beginning of the book and the description Kevin gives of what happens to her is so realistic and so into the female mind that it freaked me out a bit.  How the hell did he know what a woman goes through when something like this happens to her?  How could he?!?!  But, that's the sign of a good writer, they know things that most people don't even think about. 

I have to say that I was clueless for the entire book on who did what and right up until the last 10 pages I had no clue who committed the murders.  I was happy though that at least one male character was a good guy though.  PHEW!!!  Thought I would have to come over to visit Kevin and knock him in the head or something.  LOL!  If any of you are interested in reading an incredible book, please contact him at: 
CaptHappyv2@aol.com 
or you can go and visit his journal and ask him for a copy of the book.  I think it's time we show some love to a fellow J-lander who is making adream come true and has actually become a PUBLISHED AUTHOR don't you?!?  Who knows, maybe we will see him sitting on Oprah's couch one of these days!!!  Check out the book, you won't be sorry and you have my recommendation, as an avid reader, what more could you ask for?  ;)

WAY TO GO KEVIN!!  I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!  :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Consider yourself PLUGGED baby in my journal!  I hope that my readers come over and buy your book, they won't be disappointed!!  Oh, and no one can go to my journal unless I let them in, I am private.  It's just for the sake of the kids and all, have to protect them ya' know?  
BIG HUGS,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

"reprinted without permission!" -- LOL!  It's okay, why not reprint it when it's a glowing review right? :)
Hugs and love,
Lisa