Tuesday, March 21, 2006

TV and Music...what else?

- Do FOX programmers even watch their own shows?  If they wanted a mid-season cliffhanger for Prison Break, wouldn't it have been a lot more nerve-racking to have strectched it one more episode last fall and had Lincoln staring at the electric chair with all hope seemingly lost?  Instead, we had "the pipe has been replaced!" and now we only have to wait a week to find out how Lincoln escapes death at the stroke of midnight. 

  Every time I watch this show I think to myself that this is the one I should have bestowed the recap skills on.  I've been wanting to write up a second show for a long time but haven't been confident enough that any show I pick would last.  What if I had started a Threshold recap?  How embarrassing would that have been?  Right now, I'm thinking about the upcoming Kidnapped, if only so I can write about the one, the only, Jeremy Sisto. 

---------------

Here's this week's Top Ten:

1. Mr. November- The National

2. Wraith Pinned to the Mist and Other Games- Of Montreal

3. Gold Lion- Yeah Yeah Yeahs

4. There is No Ending- Arab Strap

5. No Key, No Plan- Okkervil River

6. Munich- Editors

7. Song With a Mission- The Sounds

8. You Have Killed Me- Morrissey

9. Shine a Light- Wolf Parade

10. Conceived- Beth Orton

 

-Album Recommendation:  The Sounds- Dying To Say This To You

  As you may know, Tuesday is the day when albums and DVDs come out.  So I thought I'd add another feature to my weekly music entry since it falls on the same day everything is released.  When I heard on the radio this morning that The Sounds' new album was coming out today, I had to rush to the computer to see if it was available on Rhapsody.  I've been patiently waiting for the single "Song with a Mission" to be on there and, to my delight, it was.  Sometimes Rhapsody can be annoying because most songs are on the radio before being officially released but Rhapsody can't give you a song until it's available for purchase (for obvious reasons).  Anyway, I gave most of the album a listen and, while I don't recommend buying albums in this day and age, if you have Rhapsody or an mp3 player, I would definitely suggest that you check out "Song with a Mission" and "Night After Night" at the very least.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I listened to exerpts of those two songs on iTunes, and I just don't get it. They don't sound very good to me. We used to have similar taste in music.

Anonymous said...

Sisto is da man.