Monday, March 13, 2006

Resolution

  My wife came home today  (LMAO- I almost typed that my wife came out today.)  and said that her friend Liz wants to with her to the concert.  Based on the comments I received, I don't think I made it quite clear enough how much I don't like country music.  Anyway, big sigh of relief here.

  If you haven't read my book yet, why not?  My perfect record of everyone liking it continued today with a letter my grandmother-in-law sent from one of the relatives who bought my book at Christmas.  Here is what she said:

  I finished Kevin’s book a few weeks ago. I was very impressed. Before I started to read it, I thought about what I like best about my favorite authors and the way they write. I like a book that grabs my attention within the first few pages; because I read very slowly I like short chapters; and I like something at the very end of the chapter that makes me want to keep on reading. Kevin’s book had all of these. As I read the book I kept thinking, "He’s only in his 20’s – how did he write this? What life experiences did he draw on? How did he think of these things?" If you can’t tell, I was impressed. I hope he keeps going with his writing. Please let him know that I really liked the book and am awaiting the next one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yayyy! Congratulations!!

I always accidentally type the wrong thing. For instance:

"about it" always becomes "abou tit"
"burrito" is "burriot"
"great" always turns into "greta" (Why do I have to have a friend by that name?? Blarg!)

Anonymous said...

Well of COURSE your wife found a girlfriend to go with!  What woman wouldn't want to go and see Tim?!?!  I cannot wait to read your book to give you my review.  I have to warn you though, I am a Virgo, an avid reader and can be VERY critical.  Plus this isn't my genre, but you know I will try and clear my mind of my historical romance stuff and go into this with an open mind.  I am almost done with my Teresa Medeiros latest novel, so as soon as I get your book, I will start reading and should be done within the week.
Hugs and love,
Lisa