Tuesday, March 7, 2006

Music and More

  This week in physical therapy I began some strengthening exercises so that I can get used to using my hands and arms again.  I was able to squirt a water bottle for about ten minutes and it didn't hurt.  I feel so good today- like I am finally getting better.

  For those of you who have myspace accounts, I would like to pass along that almost every character on The Office has their own page.  In character.  It's pretty funny.  I also have a lot of bands who are my "friends".  It's really them and they keep blogs and post on the message boards, so it's pretty cool.

  That's what we call a segue.

 

  Last week I left so much good stuff off my list, that I am expanding to a first ever Top Twenty-five.   You'll thank me later.

1. Mr. November- The National

2. Not Going Home- The Elected

3. Conceived- Beth Orton

4. I Ain't Saying My Goodbyes- Tom Vek

5. But It's Better When We Do- Panic! at the Disco

6. Wicked Light Sleeper- The Joggers

7. Sometimes The Sun- The Lashes

8. Wraith Pinned to the Mist and Other Games- Of Montreal

9. Gold Lion- Yeah Yeah Yeahs

10. Jetsetter- Morningwood

11. Upon This Tidal Wave of Young Blood- Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

12. Munich- Editors

13. I Bet You Look Good on the Dance Floor- Arctic Monkeys

14. The Only Difference Between Martyrdom and Suicide is Press Coverage- Panic! at the Disco

15. Hate Me- Blue October

16. If You Talk Too Much (My Head Will Explode)- People in Planes

17. With a Gun- Minus 5

18. Dress Up in You- Belle and Sebastian

19. No Key, No Plan- Okkervil River

20. Stupid Ones- The Blueskins

21. Breathe Me- Sia

22. Several Arrows Later- Matthew Pond PA

23. The Wand- The Flaming Lips

24. Living Proof- Cat Power

25. You Have Killed Me- Morrissey

 

  Last month I inducted my first band into my own personal Hall of Fame.  The only qualification is for a band or artist to have produced 5 songs that I never, ever get tired of listening to.  Ever.  Last month, it was The Who.  This month it is:     .....drumroll....

 

  BOB DYLAN

  I'm not going to say much about him.  Just that, to me, he is the best songwriter ever.  Here is the track list of the tape I made off one of his anthologies- a track list that gets Bob Dylan the second slot in my HOF.

Lay Lady Lay

Baby, Let Me Follow You Down

If Not For You

I'll Be Your Baby Tonight

I'll Keep it With Mine

The Times They Are A-Changin'

Blowin' in the Wind

Masters of War

The Lonesome Death of Hattie Carroll

Mixed-Up Confusion

Tombstone Blues

The Groom's Still Waiting at the Altar

Like a Rolling Stone

Lay Down Your Weary Tune

Subterranean Homesick Blues

I Don't Believe You (She Acts Like We Never Have Met)

Quinn the Eskimo

Tangled Up in Blue

Can You Please Crawl Out Your Window?

Positively 4th Street

Just Like a Woman

Knockin' on Heaven's Door

All Along the Watchtower

Forever Young

 

-----------------------------------------------

  I was watching WWE last night and they were promoting the return of Saturday Night's Main Event to NBC on March 18.  They flashed back to a previous episode from the 80's and wouldn't you know it?  They showed my very first wrestling memory.  Hulk Hogan getting attacked and put out of action by King Kong Bundy, leading to a confrontation at Wrestlemania 2.  It was kind of neat to rewatch the exact moment I became a wrestling fan.  Thank you, King Kong Bundy.  LOL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When am *I* going to make the hall of fame?