Saturday, April 22, 2006

Dawn, but hopefully not of The Dead

  It is 6 o'clock in the morning.  I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep because of a bite or something on my foot.  It's really itchy. Fascinating, I know.

  Last night we watched Wolf Creek- an independent horror film from Australia that actually won critical acclaim at Sundance and a wide release in America.  I thought this might have been better served as a short film as it could have told its story in less than an hour.  The last half hour is a sweaty-palmed, ultra-gritty thrill ride of realistic terror...but for the first hour, absolutely nothing happens.  I can appreciate a good build up, but this was too much.  I'd recommmend the film, but only with a warning to fast forward the first thirty minutes at least.

  ----------

  To downplay the fact that it's a sequel, right before its release, the studio changed Ice Age 2: The Meltdown to simply Ice Age: The Meltdown.  The problem is that the pre-released merchandise still has that horrible, evil "2" plastered on it!  So we were in the grocery store the other night and saw some coloring books that said Ice Age 2.  Unfortunately, I couldn't convince my wife to buy them out of stock, even though they might eventually become valuable collector's items.  Hope that one doesn't come back to bite me on the ass.

-------

  It's one of my favorite times of year to be a sports fan.  The NHL and NBA playoffs on TV every day for two months.  NHL overtime in the playoffs is the most exciting thing in sports.  It's funny that I barely care about hockey from October through March, but when the playoffs start, I will watch it no matter who the teams are.  It's that good.  I love staying up all night waiting for one team to score in quadruple overtime.  Good times.

---

  It seems like the code to put music in journals has stopped working for me again.  Easy come, easy go.  I really wanted to put my current favorite song in here since my wife STILL has the misconception that I listen to ear-splitting screamo rock, which couldn't be further from the truth.  She said she would turn the volume down anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter.  :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The code I sent you doesn't work?!?!?  Hmmmm, I don't understand why.  You were going to put in some Barry Manillow right?  Hee-hee!  I didn't even realize that they renamed Ice Age 2.  Go figure!  I still call it that.
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hockey, soccer, and tennis are about the only sports I enjoy watching.

I haven't seen either movie, but I've seen posters and I have to say that the squirrel in the movies is UGLY. No squirrel is that ugly!