Tuesday, April 4, 2006

this week's top 10

  i just sat down at the computer thinking that the painkillers i took werent affecting me.  i was getting restless just laying in bed.  so of course as soon as i sat down, i started feeling weird.  i'm pretty dizzy right now, but i will persevere.  i havent missed a top ten in a while, and i want to keep the streak alive.

  here's what i've been listening to this week:

1. song with a mission- the sounds

2. gold lion- yeah yeah yeahs

3. mr. november- the national

4. dress up in you- belle and sebastian

5. skeleton key- margot and the nuclear so and so's

6. dream sequence- arab strap

7. there is no ending- arab strap

8. steady as she goes- the raconteurs

9. new english- ambulance ltd

10. makedamnsure- taking back sunday

 

i'm currently too loopy to make a HOF induction, so this week i am going to give a shout out to fellow blogger tricia in detroit.  she mentioned two great bands in her comment last week and i agree with her.  yeah yeah yeahs do rock.  their new album is in stores now- it's called show your bones.  that sounds dirty.  heh heh heh.   and then there's goldfrapp.  i have been meaning to replace my wife's tim mcgraw computer wallpaper with alison goldfrapp, but keep forgetting.  her album supernature was just released in the united states [she's british].  the song ooh la la is very mainstream- i think i even heard it on a car commercial or something- but my favorite is number one.  goldfrapp is very catchy, as well as easy on the eyes.

okay...i think im going to go pass out.

see ya

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like how silly you are on painkillers!  LOL!  I bet they have you on a percocet or percodan don't they?  They always make me dizzy.  Vicodan is my pain killer of choice.  Hope you are back to "normal" soon!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

You and that damn Gold Lion and Arab Strap.

You should just get MARRIED already!

Anonymous said...

It seems like YYY's are just now becoming mainstream,eh? I heard only a few songs from them before and LOVE THEM!! Its nice to read about your fantastic taste in music!! ;) I DLed a few Death Cab songs too and was listening to them on my drive last night and thought of you! lol Everytime I hear them I think of you. Gosh, that sounds like I'm obsessed w/ya or somethign lol. Its just cause I first heard of them from YOU :) Oh, and I have Oh,la la as my profile song currently on my myspace profile. Love it!!!!
~Tricia