Tuesday, June 21, 2005

News and Notes

- Quick correction to the Rules of Treeball:  I spoke to my brother last night and he said that if you set yourself on fire in pursuit of the ball, you actually LOSE ten points.  Otherwise, everyone would go about trying to set themselves on fire instead of playing the game.  (okaaaaay...I guess that's... possible...)

- By eliminating 95% of snacking, just eating meals, and trying to get some kind of exercise every day, I have managed to lose 1 pound in the last week.  Now I'm going to print out an application to become a fitness guru.

- I got my rewards at work this weekend.  A pin, a T-shirt, a gift certificate to Ground Round and the movies, a plaque and up front parking for the month.  Oh, and a lot of jokes from jealous co-workers.

- The DVR has brought the peaks and valleys of my pro wrestling fandom back to a peak.  It's so much easier to watch when you can fast forward throught the bad parts.  Now my problem is that I have no one to talk to about WWE.  Am I the only person I know who still watches wrestling?

- One time in college, my psych professor was talking about his eccentric genius friend and brought up one of the guy's quirks as watching wrestling.  See, wrestling is for geniuses!  There's at least two who watch it.

- I love to fill out those e-mails you get where you answer questions about yourself, but the other day it made me realize the other day that I have not changed what my favorite movies are in a long time.  My favorite drama is Sling Blade and my favorite comedy is Grosse Point Blank.  Surely, some movies have come out in the last ten years that have been at least as good.  I haven't even seen either of those movies in YEARS.  If they were really my favorites, you'd think I would still watch them.  My point is, I think I've fallen into a rut and need to really give the situation some more thought. 

- My wife asked me last night if I was going to write recaps for Six Feet Under.  I said no.  There's only ten episodes left for the entire series, so it's a little late.  I would like to do another show, though.  Any suggestions?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pootie Tang is your new favorite comedy and drama. You will now write recaps of Dancing with the Stars.

Anonymous said...

I second the last comment about writing reviews of "Dancing with the Stars"!  LOL!  I actually watch that show and would love to hear your opinion on it.  ;)  I think you should apply to be a diet guru!  Sounds good to me!!!  And, wear that tee-shirt and pin proudly as you park in your upfront parking space you Walmart Mega-Employee you!!!
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Too bad you don't watch "The Dead Zone" or "The 4400" since they just started new seasons. How about "Monk"? The new season starts in July. You missed the first four seasons or so, but there really isn't much underlying plot like on "LOST," for example.

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised you don't have the official Jeremy Sisto site listed under your favorites!! HAHAHAHA

Anonymous said...

    My husband is one of the smartest people I know, and he still watches pro wrestling on occasion.  It used to bother me, until I learned that whenever he's about to tease me about something I like, all I have to do is look at him and say "WWF"... and he shuts right up.  Tina
http://journals.aol.com/onemoretina/Ridealongwithme