Saturday, June 11, 2005

What a day...

  I got it.  My boss made the announcement at our morning meeting that I was named the Associate of the Month.  Since Wal-mart abbreviates everything, some of the guys call it the Ass of the Month.  It's shorter.

  It's actually a little more difficult to get than it sounds.  Since I only work in a department with ten other people- that area doesn't get its own award to give out.  They lump us into "Support" with janitors and loss prevention dudes.  So I had to beat all those people, plus all the other nominees from the other shifts.  Now I just sit back and bask in the glory.  Yeah right.  Maybe I'll get a congratulatory phone call from Magic Johnson.  (Anyone but my brother can answer what that is a reference to)

  In other news, it's hot.  And for some reason, they don't put air conditioners in 300 door warehouses.  So not only did I sweat in places that don't normally sweat (like behind my ears), I also got some wicked heat rash.  Yuck! :(  I had to stop at the store and buy diaper cream.  A grown man using diaper cream!

  I would also like to thank my wife for going into Best Buy yesterday and finding out that my broken Sirius was under extended warranty until 2008.  So I got a replacement last night.  Now if only I could hook it up- it's not technically the same radio and it hooks up a little differently, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that I can get it hooked up the right way.

  As long as I'm revealing disturbing things about myself, like what rashes I get, I guess I should share this too.  While shaving, I discovered that the double chin I get when I look down, no longer disappers completely when I look straight ahead.  So after I remembered that this morning at work, I threw away my breakfast cookies and swore off everything.  I was drinking water today.  That's how serious I am.  I cannot and will not have a double chin.  I've got book flap photos to think about!  Not to mention an Ass of the Month picture...

Top Ten:

1. Feel Good Inc.- Gorillaz

2. Chocolate- Snow Patrol

3. When I'm Gone (Sadie)- No Address

4. Banquet- Bloc Party

5. Love in a Trashcan- The Raveonettes

6. I Turn My Camera On- Spoon

7. Tear You Apart- She Wants Revenge

8. Decent Days and Nights- The Futureheads

9. Sugar, We're Goin' Down- Fall Out Boy

10. Fortress- Pinback

  I was interrupted on #7 by a very persistent cat cry.  Upon closer investigation, Toby had hung himself from a curtain and couldn't get his claw off.  Funny stuff.  Speaking of Toby, he climbed into bed the other day and laid down next to me.  Then he purred for the very first time.  I love my cats.  I sure do, Mom.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! I would give you a kiss on the cheek but that would be WRONG. So here is a hug {{{{{{{{{{hugsssssss}}}}}}}}}}

Brandi

Anonymous said...

woohooo WTG Ass of the month!  What an honor...lmao.....hey my hubby buys Vagisil Cream for his rash around his waistband...Dr. says it is yeast in his bloodstream......lmao....

Kelly

Anonymous said...

oooopppssss he would be angry if he knew I told everyone that....shhhhh...lol

kelly

Anonymous said...

i know you love your cats but my jessie doesn't.....and she is getting too old to be tormented for the first few weeks or maybe months..................i'm sure your in-laws will take good care of them until you get settled in your own place......and kasey can see them whenever she visits.......besides kasey also loves jessie...and jessie will almost be like her pet

Anonymous said...

WOW!  What an honor!  Ass of the month from Walmart!  There is nowhere else for you to go now!  Might as well hang that little blue vest up and put on the red one!  LOL!  Can you tell I go to Walmart waaaay too much!?  I always buy the Goldbond powder for my son (who is a big kid and gets terrible rashes under his arms from this heat).  It has baking soda/powder (not sure which one) in it and it helps to keep you dry.  I am still picturing you with diaper rash ointment all over you though!  ;)  Hey, at least you will smell good!  And the double chin thing?  Well, I have always been concerned about that, since my mother has had one even when she was skinny.  I used to do "neck exercises" when I was 12 years old so I wouldn't get one!!!  Good for you drinking that water, it's nothing but good for you anyway!  :)
Hugs and love, Lisa