Saturday, June 4, 2005

Straight Up

  Okay, here is what I was so excited to get my hands on.  Before we moved to upstate NY, my father drove a limo in NYC.  One day, he happened to encounter a washed-up pop star by the name of Paula Abdul.  (This was before the Idol comeback)  My dad is a friendly guy and got to chatting with her- he even went so far as to mention how my brother was a big fan of hers back when she was a star- I'm sure he didn't put it like that, but you get the point.  He even mentioned how Jeff had taken her poster down off his wall after a while. 

  And so, when he got her autograph on behalf of my brother, this is what Miss Abdul wrote:

 paula.jpg

I don't know if you'll be able to read it, but it says:

Hey Jeff- I hope school and football are treating you well.  Best of luck XOXO  Paula Abdul

PS- You didn't have to tear down my poster- I'm still 'Forever Your Girl'

 

See- not only is she as sweet as she seems on TV- she's funny too!  LMAO

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwww, that is sweet!!!  I could read her writing no problem, but then again I have loopy writing myself AND I worked for attorneys for over 15 years so you get used to reading writing that no one else can.  You should have this framed for your bro.  :)
Hugs and love, Lisa