Tuesday, September 27, 2005

If it's Tuesday, it must be a BIG ENTRY.

I backed my car into a cop car the other day!  Well, he just drove off sometimes life's okay...

  Oh sorry, I was just singing.  See, this could be a problem at my new job.  I have to wear a headset and talk to a computer so every time I started singing the other night, it thought I was saying something.  That and the fact that I occassionally will have to pick up 80 lb. boxes of meat will be the most frustrating part of the job.

  For those that don't know, I recently transferred from the Wal-mart Distribution Center in Marcy, NY to the WM Grocery DC in Johnstown.  Old job: Driving forklift and doing paperwork; going home early all the time.  New job: Driving a power pallet jack and stacking tons and tons of food; working forced overtime when necessary.  This will take some getting used to.  My first week I did 68% production on a goal of 95, which they said was outstanding for a first week.  I have 8 weeks to get up to speed so I think I'll be fine.

  ---

  To keep this entry as boring as possible, I would also like to say that my wife just got hired by Blue Cross Blue Shield and we will soon go from no insurance to totally affordable health coverage!  Whoo hoo!  I'm going to go injure myself right now!  I'm also going to go to the dentist.  If she hadn't gotten this job, I would have had to pay MVP through Wal-mart $434 a month! 

---

  Having the DVR has gotten me back into the swing of things TVwise.  Last night we got caught up on the first three hours of Threshold and we loved it.  That's my wife and I- I wasn't speaking in the kind of obnoxious royal we.

  So the TV watching schedule goes like this:

Sunday: The Simpsons, Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy

Monday: Monday Night Football, WWE Raw, Arrested Development

Tuesday: The Amazing Race, My Name is Earl, The Office

Wednesday: LOST, Invasion

Thursday: Survivor, CSI, Reunion

Friday: Threshold, WWE Smackdown

Saturday: Uhhh, nothing, I guess.

---

  Here's some of the best lines from last night's AD:

Lindsay: You’re one to talk. You haven’t had a serious relationship since your wife. And you guys weren’t even speaking toward the end.

Michael: Lot of that was the coma.

Lindsay: Yeah, I’ve heard your side of it.

---

Michael: We’ve got a picture of you with Saddam Hussein.

George, Sr.: I thought that was the guy who played the Soup Nazi.

---

Michael: Great. I was wondering if you might be willing to go somewhere with me. I would pay you.

Rita: You’ll pay me?

Michael: Not... Not for sex. You’re going to think that I’m Jack the Ripper, right? Didn’t he kill prostitutes or...?

Rita: I’m not a prostitute.

Michael: Then I shall let you live. (Chuckles.) This is my worst hello. Let me try again. My name is Michael.

---

(Tobias enters a costume shop...for transvestites.)

Clerk: Are you going to buy this time, or you just curious?

Tobias: I suppose I’m, uh... buy-curious.  I have a big TV opportunity.

Clerk: This is where all the big TV’s come.

---

Michael: That’s a wonderful performance, Dad. You’re a regular Brad Garrett.

-----------------------------------

This Week's Top Ten:

1. Soul Meets Body- Death Cab For Cutie

2. We Both Go Down Together- The Decemberists

3. Do You Want To- Franz Ferdinand

4. Nth Degree- Morningwood

5. Silver Sparkler- The Jim Yoshii Pile-up

6. Portions for Foxes- Rilo Kiley

7. Forever For Her (Is Over For Me)- The White Stripes

8. Empty Room- Marjorie Fair

9. You Are a Runner...- Wolf Parade

10. Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo- Bloodhound Gang

---------

I had a mediocre 8-6 record this week in football, but it's still better than losing.  I am 27-18 for the year and stayed in first place for the second consecutive week.  I am going to tentatively say that my two year slump is over. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dammit I wish I c ould watch "Lost" and "Desperate Housewives"!!!! Grrr. Youre so luckY!

Awesome you have insurance now! Wish I did! :\
~Tricia

Anonymous said...

I loved all of those "Arrested Development" quotes!! Of course. :)

Anonymous said...

Okay, the only thing I watch that you do now is CSI.  Talk about totally different viewing!!  Glad the cop car drove away instead of being a jerk to you.  And, think of the benefits to your body with all this new working out at the newer WM!  You get paid to basically go to a gym!  WOO-HOO on wife being hired by BC/BS.  That's our insurance plan and it's a good one.
Hugs and love,
Lisa