Wednesday, September 28, 2005

TV

- I usually pick who I think is going to win the Amazing Race on first sight, so imagine my horror when the team I selected came in 9th and barely edged by a team with two little kids on it.  I figured three young guys and a girl that grew up with three brothers would be very good, but by sight alone I couldn't tell that they would make such bad decisions.

- Thoroughly enjoyed NBC's comedy line-up at 9 last night.  There were times I feared for my life because I could not catch my breath.  I really hope that the success of The 40-year-old Virgin carries over to The Office, because it deserves it. 

- That reminds me- it is very clear that NBC has no idea what they're doing right now.  They are closer to being below UPN and WB than they are to catching FOX in third.  Take last night's line-up- What average television watching person is going to tune in for The Biggest Loser, stick around for My Name is Earl and The Office, two acquired taste comedies, and then again not change the channel when Law and Order SVU comes on?  Whatever happened to continuity?  Even the classic Thursday comedy line-up has been replaced with Trump.  The network doesn't even have an identity in one night, let alone an overall one.

CBS: procedural dramas, standard fare family comedies

ABC: cutting edge dramas, crappy standard fare family comedies

FOX: rip-offs of things CBS and ABC do, quality original shows that hardly anyone watches.

NBC: Uhhh...Crappy reality shows, former hits that are well past their primes...

- I wanted to put ads for Sirius in here and make some extra cash, but the fine print said No Blogs.  So instead I've decided to start charging for the LOST recap.  $1.50 for the first minute and 45 cents each additional minute.  So when you're done reading it tomorrow, just e-mail me with how long it took you to read it and I will calculate the bill for you.  Thanks! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You common whore! I will NOT pay!

Anonymous said...

I've decided to start charging for the LOST recap.  $1.50 for the first minute and 45 cents each additional minute.  So when you're done reading it tomorrow, just e-mail me with how long it took you to read it and I will calculate the bill for you.  Thanks!

What LOST recaps?  ::lookin' around nervously::