Friday, September 30, 2005

Week 4 Picks

  So how about baseball preempting Fox's line-up for over a month?   carlito.jpg   <( That's not cool!) 

I don't even know the names of all the characters on Reunion yet- how am I going to remember what's been going on by the time November 3 rolls around?  *Sigh*

---

  I'm feeling shaky about the picks this week.  A lot of tough games this week, a lot of variables to consider.

Patriots -5.5  over Chargers-  I almost took the points, but then I thought that 5.5 isn't that much.  I could see the Pats winning 17-10 and me kicking myself.  So I gave up the points and now they'll probably win 20-17.  Sometimes you CAN'T win.  I certainly wouldn't actually wager on this one.

Jaguars -4 over Broncos-  I think the Broncos beating up on the Chiefs was an illusion.  The Jags defense is scary good and they should be able to shut down Jake Plummer.

Texans +9.5 over Bengals-  I'm still doubting on the Bengals- I just can't help it.  If they cover this one, I'll try to become a believer.

Colts -7 over Titans- Manning is going to have that break-out game eventually... isn't he?

Bucs -6.5 over Lions- It looks like the Bucs are officially back with that improved running game.  The Lions stink as usual.

Giants -3 over Rams- That was a tough loss against a desperate Chargers team.  I don't think the Giants' defense is as bad as they looked.  How could they be?

Saints PK over Bills- Who knows with the Saints?  I think they might get another emotional win since this is their first "home" game.

Seahawks +2 over Redskins- The Redskins are the luckiest 2-0 team ever.  I think they get beaten by a better team this week.

Ravens -7.5 over Jets- See if I ever pick the Jets again this season.  Vinny Testaverde??? Ouch!

Eagles +2 over Chiefs- The Chiefs' defense was exposed a little bit on Monday night.  How often do you get to take points with a defending conference champion?

Falcons -6 over Vikings- Even though they broke out last week, I'm sticking to my guns that the Vikings are going to be bad this season.

Raiders -3 over Cowboys- As soon as I heard that the Cowboys were staying in Cali all week to avoid two consecutive weeks of plane travel I decided I was going to pick against them.  Those boys have been on a vacation!

49ers +3 over Cardinals in Mexico City- I have absolutely no idea what's going to happen in this one, so I took the points.

Packers +7.5 over Panthers- The Panthers are a good team, but they're not "blow out good".  Let's not forget what the Pack did down there last year.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't take 7.5 as the over for the Jets game. Ravens win 6-0.

Anonymous said...

Sports can lick my butt.