Wednesday, September 21, 2005

News and notes

- Tonight is the return of recent Emmy winner LOST.  And with that, the return of the main attraction of this journal- The LOST recap.  This season it's going to be a chore to write it too, since the DVR is in my bedroom and the computer is...not.  I may actually be watching a TV show with a notebook.  In other words, you better appreciate it!

- My wonderful car now stalls every time I have to stop.  Sometimes it even has trouble starting again.  The truck driver behind me was pretty mad this morning!  It was his own fault for being behind me.

-  Did everyone watch Arrested Development on Monday, like you should have?  It was hilarious, of course, but a little bittersweet that Michael had to fire Barry.  Stupid, stupid CBS and their stupid new doctor sitcom that stole Henry Winkler.  I hope it gets canned immediately so Barry can return.  If not, at least we know he has gone on to be a moderately successful prostitute.

Here are some of my favorite lines ( I was just practicing watching TV with a notebook.)

Lucille: Well, apparently, mood altering medication leads to street drugs- that's what this very handsome young doctor said on The Today Show.

Michael: That was Tom Cruise, the actor.

Lucille: They said he was some kind of scientist.

----

G.O.B.: I will tell you this, Michael. I don't have a son...

Narrator: He does.

G.O.B.: ...but if I ever do, I'm either going to take him to the cabin in the woods or I'm going to promise to take him and then not take him.  But the one thing that I will never do is not tell him that I'm taking him to a cabin in the woods and then not take him!

Narrator: G.O.B. was growing up.

---

G.O.B.: Look, I know this gonna sound kinda crazy, but my family actually has a cabin in the woods for one more night.  Maybe we could go up to Reno, get the keys and go camping- kind of a...son and son thing.

Narrator: If Steve had had a father, he would have warned him not to go into the woods with strange men... But he didn't.

Steve Holt: Sure! Let's go.

---

Lucille: What the hell are you doing back there?

Buster: I decided to sleep in the car so my snoring wouldn't bother you.  And I left that recording of my snoring so you wouldn't know I'm gone.

---

Oscar Bluth is in prison for his twin brother's crimes but you can help.  Imoscar.com is a real website!   FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY::   Actually, all the links lead back to the homepage, so I guess you can't help! 

But here's a pretty funny section from Oscar's blog: I was counting ants in the prison yard and it was a scorcher but I remember, I started killing the ants with my feet, yelling “Die you little black bastards, die!” I got stabbed – a whole lot.  When I woke up in the infirmary, I was surprised to find out that my stabber was the leader of an equal rights gang called: RAVIOLI or Rapists Against Violence Against Insects. When I went to apologize for killing the ants, I pointed out that ravioli doesn’t work as an acronym and they stabbed me again.

-This week's Top Ten:

1. Soul Meets Body- Death Cab For Cutie

2. Portions for Foxes- Rilo Kiley

3. Forever For Her (Is Over For Me)- The White Stripes

4. The Comeback- Shout Out Louds

5. Four Kicks- Kings of Leon

6. Empty Room- Marjorie Fair

7. Silver Sparkler- The Jim Yoshii Pile-up

8. Nth Degree- Morningwood

9. My Doorbell- The White Stripes

10. Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo- Bloodhound Gang

- Awaiting me on the DVR are the season premeire of The Office and the series premeire of My Name is Earl.  I'll let you know how they are later. [EDIT: Both were hilarious.  I laughed out loud a dozen times at both.  Earl makes the cut.]

- The other night at Applebee's, I overheard a waitress introduce herself to her table and then the old guy at the table said, "Nice to meet you."  I thought that was funny.  Old people are so desperate for human contact!

- I was 9-6-1 picking the NFL games this week- which landed me in first place in the standings.  I know it was probably luck, but I like to think that giving up fantasy teams allowed me to focus more this season.  I'm not subconsciously or consciously hoping a certain player will do well and picking his team.  I'm approaching each game with no outside interests and it makes a difference.  (Until I bomb out next week.)

 

-That's all for now.

(Glad you're feeling better, Lisa- as my most consistent comment leaver, I can't have anything happen to you.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww I got my very own parenthesis in your journal!!!  :)  Makes me so happy!  I think I might just start watching LOST because of you.  This way I can at least leave comments regarding your recaps.  Thank God for the DVR!!  Don't want to miss "So You Think You Can Dance" tonight.  LOL!  Sounds like you have a starter problem on your vehicle by the way, not fun to fix and it's expensive.  But, that will teach all the idiots that follow too closely to back off now won't it?!
Hugs and love,
Lisa
P.S.:  Keep your pencil sharpened when you are taking notes, better yet, keep an extra one near you.  That's my tip of the day for ya'!

Anonymous said...

OMG.......was that the BEST followup premiere to a first season!???

I was so excited i forgot to tape it. I discovered your journal about half way through the first season of Lost and have passed it on to more people than i can remember.
I am looking forward to your unique recap!

Anonymous said...

I really need to buy season 1 of "Lost" :(
~Tricia