Saturday, September 24, 2005

Week 3 Picks

Kasey:  Can me and Erin go wait in the car?

Me: Erin and I.

Kasey: And me!

------

I'm a little concerned that I picked only three favorites this week, but here we go anyway.  Last week I was 9-6-1.  For the season I am 19-12.  (I don't count the tie in the overall record since everyone gets them.)

Titans +6 over Rams:  I just get the feeling that the Titans are better than the experts are giving them credit for and the Rams are worse.

Eagles -8 over Raiders:  If Moss and Owens cancel each other out, the Eagles are the deeper team, plus they're at home.

Bears +3 over Bengals: I just don't trust the Bengals yet, especially as a road favorite.  Talk to me when they're 5-1 or 6-2.

Jaguars +2.5 over Jets: Are you kidding me with this line?  The Jaguars were 1 quarter away from shutting out Peyton freakin' Manning.  Chad Pennington is going to beat them?  We think not.

Saints +3.5 over Vikings: Gee, the Vikings only look like the worst team in football after two games.  Why not make them favorites over America's new adopted team?  Give me a break!

Dolphins +3.5 over Panthers:  I'm throwing all my faith into the comment made by ESPN's Sports Guy that Saban and Belichick are friends and talked this week.  That, plus the Dolphins played well at home in Week 1 and the Panthers are coming off an emotional, hard-fought win last week.  Could be a let-down.

Colts -13.5 over Browns: I think Cleveland winning in Green Bay is more of an indictment of the Pack than it was a sign of good things to come for the Browns.  The Colts will have the two touchdowns covered before halftime.  After meeting two of the toughest defenses in the league, you know Manning is just itching to break out a huge game.

Falcons +2.5 over Bills:  Vick is playing.  So is JP Losman.

Packers +3.5 over Buccaneers: Can we please have one normal week where Favre plays like Favre and the Bucs play like the Bucs?  Here's hoping.

Seahawks -6.5 over Cardinals:  The Cards sucked me in last week, but not anymore.  You're a bad team!  You can't fool me!

Patriots +3 over Steelers: Can you honestly picture the Pats losing two games in a row?  I can't.

49ers +6.5 over Cowboys: The Cowboys are reeling after that last second loss and now have a short week to travel to California.  The Niners played well at home in Week 1 and will want to show that they are not as bad as they looked last week.

Giants +5.5 over Chargers:  I know I'm biased, but seriously...the Chargers have blown two games they should have won while the Giants have blown open two games that they won.  I know it's a short week and a long road trip, but I still think the Giants could have been given a little more respect from Vegas.  They will at least "show up" and cover.

Chiefs +3 over Broncos: The Chiefs are back.  I see them being an elite team again.  The Broncos are heading in the other direction.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

football, blah,blah,blah,blah, huh?  Oh geez, sorry, fell asleep.  LOL!  That beginning part was a hoot though!  I am constantly correcting my children on how to speak proper English.  
Hugs and love,
Lisa