Tuesday, October 4, 2005

Tuesday Afternoon

Here are some of the highlights of last night's Arrested Development.  If you don't watch this show, you are not living life to the fullest.

Lindsay: How do you think I feel? Bob Loblaw’s a handsome, professional man and I’m only used to... well, none of those things.

Tobias: Okay, Lindsay, are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over— an analyst and a therapist. The world’s first anal-rapist.

Lindsay: Yes, and you were almost arrested for those business cards.

Tobias: Yes. No, it did not look good on paper but I didn’t stop because of the police inquiries, I stopped to raise our little daughter...

---

Michael: That’s a great idea. Honor Buster tomorrow night. We’ll get the whole family over to the penthouse, show him our support.

Lucille: Well, I suppose it’s better than drinking alone. What time?

---

Buster: Well, Mom’s probably right. I couldn’t even stand up to a seal. I don’t real deserve a medal or a party.

Tobias: No, you deserve this. Here, take my business card.

Buster: Gah!

Tobias: No, no, it’s pronounced a-nal-ra-pist.

Buster: It wasn’t really the pronunciation that bothered me.

Tobias: You see, Buster, it wasn’t the seal that you couldn’t stand up to. It was... Lucille.

Buster: (Gasps.)

Tobias: (Gasps.) Oh, I’m getting chills. If this was a Lifetime Moment of Truth movie, this would be our act break.

LONG SILENCE...

Narrator: But it wasn’t.

---

Lucille: What’s a Forget-Me-Now?

G.O.B.: They’re pills that create a sort of temporary forgettingness. So if somebody finds out how you doa trick, you just give ’em one of these, and they forget the whole thing. It’s a mainstay of the magician’s toolkit, like how clowns always have a rag soaked in ether.

Tobias: G.O.B., this is Flunitrazepam. It’s a roofie.

Lucille: Those are illegal.

G.O.B.: Shut up, Mom. Don’t make me give you another one of these.

---

Maeby: No, George Michael, we didn’t do anything. I just wanted him to think we did. Don’t you see? I drugged him not to go all the way with him.

George Michael: Well, I think even the anti-drug people are going to be okay with that.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

This Week's Top Ten:

1. You Are a Runner and I am My Father's Son- Wolf Parade

2. Soul Meets Body- Death Cab for Cutie- Music Archive Videos: 1 of 2: Death Cab for Cutie: 'Soul Meets Body'

3. Nth Degree- Morningwood

4. Silver Sparkler- The Jim Yoshii Pile-up

5. We Both Go Down Together- The Decemberists

6. Do You Want To- Franz Ferdinand- Franz Ferdinand : You Could Have It So Much Better : 'Do You Want To'

7. Four Kicks- Kings of Leon- Music Archive Videos: 1 of 7: Kings of Leon: 'Four Kicks'

8. Empty Room- Marjorie Fair

9. Tear You Apart- She Wants Revenge

10. Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo- Bloodhound Gang

-----------------------------------------------------------

Four consecutive winning weeks picking football.  I'm really starting to get nervous that it's all going to fall apart soon.  I was 9-5 this week and my overall record is 36-23, 4 games in first place.  In fact, if we had never added my wife, daughter and sister-in-law over the years, I would be winning by 9.  But like my mom said, all the extra people makes the pot bigger.

------------------------------------------------------------------

    Okay, I got all the regular stuff out of the way, so now it's time to talk about....nothing.  I got nothing.  Just sitting here counting the business days until my book gets here.  :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the quotes!!