Monday, October 17, 2005

The cool refreshing taste of Pepsi

How come Fall doesn't get to be a Time?  There's Summertime, Wintertime and Springtime, but no one ever says Falltime or Autumntime.  I'm starting a petition in the name of Falltime.

Sign here: ________________

-------------

I'm very excited because I have a phone interview with Pepsi Bottling at 4.  The position they are filling usually leads to management.  Lord knows I am going nowhere at Wal-mart.  I reported my hand injury to work and they sent me home on Friday, made me sweep and clean all night Saturday and let me take yesterday off.  My hands haven't been getting as numb since I haven't done my job in a while.  I think it's just that stupid repetitive motion of grabbing heavy stuff that does it.  Hopefully, I'll be able to quit soon either by being a "checker" at Pepsi or a famous writer. 

---------------

I sent my revisions in to Trafford so it will be another 3 weeks before I get the final, final proof of my book.  They had a few minor things wrong like no credit for the cover artist and they printed the acknowledgment page I sent instead of the one I meant to send.  I am crossing my fingers that In Hiding will be on sale this time next month.  Just in time for the Christmas rush!

--------------

Banish the Bye Week-  The NY Giants are now 3-14 following a week off.  I can't stand it.  It's the same thing every season. Win before the break, lose after.  No team loses more momentum by being off than my team.  Should be interesting to see how they do against Denver this weekend.  I can't help but wonder how long the losing streak will be this year since the last two seasons, the Giants have had losing streaks that you couldn't count on one hand.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your Falltime. LOL!

Anonymous said...

I'LL sign your petition. Sign me up, SCOTTY!

I hope you are able to take the new job so you can work your way up and eventually take over the Pepsi company. MWAHAHA!

I can't wait to buy the book, Schmapps.

Anonymous said...

I will sign that petition too, and maybe we can get a petition going for Fall to last 6 months out of the year.  What do you think?  LOL!  I cannot wait to walk into a Barnes & Noble and see your book displayed!!  :)
Hugs and love,
Lisa
P.S.:  GOOD LUCK with the phone interview!

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK with your interview!!!!!
~Tricia