Saturday, October 29, 2005

Week 8

I am making my picks live this week.  I've been putting it off this long because the gigantic lines this week are scaring me.  It's basically saying- all these games stink- I dare you to pick which ones are going to be as advertised blow-outs and which will be surprisingly close....next to impossible.

Giants -2  over Redskins-  The Giants are lucky I couldn't get the day off work and can't go to the game.  I'm a jinx.  Haven't seen them win live since 97.  Anyway, all clear for a victory now.

Packers +9 over Bengals-   This one's a little too high.  Farve has been keeping the Pack in most games and even if he loses, it won't be by 10.

Lions -3 over Bears-  The Lions burned me by starting Jeff Garcia without telling me before I made my picks last week.  I was all set to take the Bears, but then I remembered the QB rule.  I don't want to put my faith in a rookie on the road.  I'll take the veteran QB at home.

Vikings +7.5 over Panthers-  I'm going to bite on last week's win being a turnaround for the Vikes.  Not with much confidence though. 

Raiders -1.5 over Titans- Another team that killed me by saying that Moss wasn't going to play and then he did.  I should really make my picks right before kickoff.  I think the Raiders have the better offense in this one.

Cowboys -9 over Cards- The Cowboys just shut down the Giants and Seahawks- two of the best offenses in the league.  I doubt they will have a problem handling Josh McCown.

Browns +2 over Texans- You shouldn't be allowed to be favored over anyone until you win a game.  The Browns should be insulted and I hope they play like it.

Saints -2 over Dolphins- Geesh, have the Saints been impossible to predict this season or what?  The Dolphins are better than last year, but have proven in recent weeks that they are still in rebuild mode.  I think the Saints will take out their frustrations.

Jaguars +3 over Rams- The Jaguars are another up and down team.  But I think they're defense will get it done.  They proved in Pittsburgh that they can win on the road.

Chiefs +6 over Chargers- In an offensive shoot-out, take the points.  Someone is going to win 45-42.

Bucs -11 over 49ers- The Niners have become a joke.  Long season for them.

Broncos -3.5 over Eagles- Forcing McNabb to throw in pain is eventually going to catch up to Philly.  The Broncos are going to come out mad after last week's loss.

Patriots -9 over Bills- If I remember correctly, the Bills rarely show up against the champs.

Steelers -9.5 over Ravens- Baltimore is in a free fall.  And now Ray Lewis and Ed Reed are not playing.  This game will not be competitive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Blahdie, blahdie, blahdie, blahdie, What?  Oh, blahdie, blahdie, blahdie, blah.  ;)
Hugs,
Lisa