Saturday, October 8, 2005

Week 5 Picks

I have no faith whatsoever in these picks.  I'm going to say that every week until it stops working.

Bears +3 over Browns- Both these teams stink, but the Bears have a better defense.

Saints +3 over Packers- Everyone is in love with Favre again after Monday's almost comeback.  But he still has nothing to work with.

Bucs -3.5 over Jets- The Jets are done.  I don't know if they will win another game.

Rams -3 over Seahawks- Have you heard about the Seahawks receivers?  They're all hurt.  The Rams passing offense, on the other hand, was pretty good in a loss last week.

Patriots +3 over Falcons- Just giving the Pats the benefit of the doubt since everyone was so quick to declare them dead after last week.

Dolphins +2.5 over Bills- I don't think the Bills deserve to be favored even at home.  The Dolphins are a sleeper this year, while the Bills have scored less total than some teams have scored in one game.

Ravens +1 over Lions- I just can't see Joey Harrington beating the Ravens D.

Titans +3 over Texans- The Texans are going nowhere and their coach is a dead man walking.

Colts -14.5 over 49ers- Niners have played well at home, but the Colts are too much.

Panthers -3 over Cardinals- Newsflash!  The Cardinals stink.

Eagles -3 over Cowboys- I might not pick against the Eagles until Donovan McNabb drops dead on the field.  Or until they play the Giants.

Broncos -7 over Redskins- I think the Redskins finally have their luck run out.  This is the most deceiving undefeated record that I can remember.

Bengals +3 over Jaguars- Ok, I give in.  I will take the Bengals.  (Now watch as the inevitable collapse happens.  Ugh.)

Chargers -3 over Steelers- The Chargers have looked like world beaters the last 2 weeks.  I think they have a lot of momentum while the Steelers might be lethargic after a bye week.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Cappy!  You just helped my Jags out:)

Chris
http://journals.aol.com/swibirun/Inanethoughtsandinsaneramblings
http://www.bigoven.com/~swibirun