Sunday, October 23, 2005

The surreal and the spooky

  I know it's the middle of the night and I should be going straight to bed after work, but I wanted to get some stuff in here before I forget.

  On the way to work this afternoon, I saw the funniest thing I've seen in a long time that wasn't on a television screen.  Two clowns on the side of the road trying to fix a flat on their clown car!   I swear!  And one of them was directing traffic!  See, you should always get changed into your uniform once you get to work- otherwise you could look like an idiot in a clown suit on the side of the road.

  Then on the way home from work just now, it was pouring rain and the windshield kept getting fogged up.  The defroster took care of everything except for this one little spot near the top and every time a car would go by in the other direction, this one little foggy spot would light up and damn my over active imagination if it didn't look exactly like a skull.  I thought of the Dark Mark from Harry Potter....then I thought of Final Destination.  Luckily, there were no sinister cosmic forces at work and I arrived home safely.  Suck on that sinister cosmic forces! 

  Tomorrow, time permitting, I will post my NFL picks and what I really want to do is count the ways I hate my job.  I've never hated a job before so these are all new feelings I've got going on.  Not exactly a club one inspires to join.  Though I do feel more American.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you serious?!  Two clowns trying to fix a flat tire?!  I would have had to go and get a camera to take pic of that!  So, you are seeing a skull on your windshield huh?  SPOOOOKYYYY!!  LOL!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

"On the way to work this afternoon, I saw the funniest thing I've seen in a long time that wasn't on a television screen.  Two clowns on the side of the road trying to fix a flat on their clown car!   I swear!  And one of them was directing traffic!  See, you should always get changed into your uniform once you get to work- otherwise you could look like an idiot in a clown suit on the side of the road."

--You have no idea how hard I laughed at this.

"Then on the way home from work just now, it was pouring rain and the windshield kept getting fogged up.  The defroster took care of everything except for this one little spot near the top and every time a car would go by in the other direction, this one little foggy spot would light up and damn my over active imagination if it didn't look exactly like a skull.  I thought of the Dark Mark from Harry Potter....then I thought of Final Destination.  Luckily, there were no sinister cosmic forces at work and I arrived home safely.  Suck on that, sinister cosmic forces!"

--I love the "Final Destination" reference.