Wednesday, December 14, 2005

If Ernest can save Christmas, anyone can.

  My 17th favorite song of 2005 is Love in a Trashcan by The Raveonettes.  The poor Raveonettes have had a tough few months.  First, they had all their equipment stolen in Brooklyn and just a couple of weeks ago, they were dropped by their label.  :(  Hopefully, they will be able to bounce back and make more cute little songs like Trashcan.

THE RAVEONETTES   <-----website

THE RAVEONETTES  <----- video

---------------------------------------

 - My hands are getting worse.  I got jolts of pain three times in one trip to the bathroom and I can barely hold my toothbrush.  I hope the surgeon calls today to tell me when I am getting in there to have this done.  If it takes another week or so and he only does one hand at a time, I might be out of work longer than I thought.  The Super Bowl would be just fine with me.

- Congratulations are in order.  Once again, I correctly predicted who would win The Amazing Race based on their first episode introductions.  I think that's maybe the second time that's happened.

- The holidays are the wrong time to start a diet but I have to.  The doctor told me to.  Plus, I won't be getting nearly as much exercise being out of work.

- I haven't sold a book the whole month of December.  Still only have five sold.  Not even enough to receive a royalty check.  :(  I should soon be getting my shipment of books to sell myself.  My first book signing will be at my aunt's house in Union City, NJ on Jan. 22.  E-mail me for directions. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why does everyone pick on Ernest around the holidays? This is the second time I've heard poor Ernest bashed today. The movies weren't award winners, but for what they were, they were good. Can't we let poor James Varney rest in peace.

P.S. I know for a fact that you saw Ernest Goes to Jail in the theater and came home saying that you enjoyed it.