Thursday, December 1, 2005

Thursday Thoughts

Opening

  Just to be a little clearer from yesterday, I don't dislike Fall Out Boy for wanting to be more successful, but there are more respectable ways to achieve it.  You can make it very big as an alt rocker in this world.  The White Stripes, Bloc Party, and the Dandy Warhols are some of the biggest bands around, but you don't hear them on Hot 86 or The Beat 93 or whatever.  The difference between rock and pop is that rock is created by artists and pop is manufactured by producers.  (Except Ashlee Simpson...she's real  Bwahahahaha)  Fall Out Boy can get themselves into a mansion very easily without appearing on a radio station that by the very nature of the genre it plays makes me call their artistic integrity into question.  It has nothing to do with me being an elitist, even if that's kind of what I said yesterday.

Music

We kick off my 30 favorite songs of 2005 with Gangsters and Thugs by Transplants.  I was pretty surprised when I searched the internet for "Transplants" and the band was the first result.  I expected a lot doctors and ads for breast enhancement.  I guess the band is pretty popular.  Their official website is here:

Transplants

You can watch the edited video here: Music Archive Videos: Transplants :Haunted Cities :'Gangsters & Thugs' 

You can get hair transplants here: Dr. Paul McAndrews - Los Angeles Hair Restoration and Corrective Surgery Expert

 

Television

  All I watched yesterday was LOST and, while I wasn't blown away or particularly surprised by the Kate stuff, everything else was great.  The full recap will be coming later, of course.  I quite literally gasped at the ending.

 

Quotes of the Day

- That puts the tail in tailgating.  -Tony Kornheiser commenting on the RV converted into a strip club at the last Buccaneers game.

- So...Rose's husband is white- didn't see that coming. -Hurley on LOST.

- Am I in a bunk bed?- Sawyer waking up from his illness on LOST.

 

Shout-outs

Happy Birthday, Mom.

No comments: