Wednesday, December 7, 2005

Real waiting rooms don't have Natalie Portman in them

  Well, I went to the doctor today.  And it was a Christmas miracle that I made it there too.  First, I didn't know what time it was or the doctor's name and the online login to find that kind of stuff out was incorrect.  Then they called two hours before it was scheduled for as a reminder.  I said, Thank goodness you did that.

  Then at the designated time, I went to the medical facility where the doctor's office was located.  Armed with only the time of the appointment and what I thought the doctor's name sounded like.  I was staring at the directory looking for something close to what I thought his name was when a nice old lady came over and asked me if she could help.  So she took me back to the help desk and with just my name and birthday entered into her computer, she could tell me where I had to go.  Pretty cool.

  I was there for my hand problem but they accidentally gave me a complete physical.  I didn't say anything since I figured I was due for one.  Everything went fine and I am almost completely healthy.  Though he wouldn't take my word for it that I didn't have a hernia.  He almost forgot that part and I would have let him.  Anyway, he said I described the symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome, which I kind of figured and he referred me to some other dude so I have to make an appointment with him.

  For the curious, my doctor's name is Chakraborty, but on the phone it sounded like Checkerboard.

QUOTE-FEST 05

Arrested Development

GOB: You want me to be your best man?

Michael: It's just a signature I need on the license.  My son isn't old enough.  It's no big deal.

GOB: I am not going to take this sacred duty lightly.  I am going to get you the healthiest call girl this town has ever seen.

Michael: That's why I'm calling it a witness and not a best man.  All you gotta do is watch.

GOB: Oh, I'm not going to spend this kind of money and not watch.

---

Michael: When did you realize that you and Tobias had no chance at a physical relationship?

Lindsay: Oh my God!  You think we have no chance at a physical relationship?

Michael: So just now.

---

Narrator: GOB began to prepare a magic trick for Michael's wedding.

GOB: So the KING (pulls out a king card) takes his QUEEN (pulls out a queen card) and showers her with DIAMONDS! (pulls out a club card)  ...Clubs...Club sauce.  He covers her with club sauce.  All right, that'll be my line if that happens.

My Name Is Earl

Earl: What the hell is going on?  Why are your parents still calling me son?

Joy: They think we're still married.

Earl: What???

Joy: Shhhh!  You know how traditional my parents are.  If they found out I got divorced and married a black man, they'd crap in a sock.  They think of me as their little angel.  Now come on, help me slosh around on the water bed and make it sound like we're doin' it.

---

Randy: Catalina, winning this car for Joy is my Christmas present to Earl.  This is for a family.  At Christmas.  You know, Feliz Naviblah.

Catalina: That means nothing.

Randy: To you maybe, but in American that means Christmas in Mexican.

The Office

(Kevin is hacking the top of the too tall Christmas tree off.)

Michael: Did it work?

Kevin: Well, sort of.  Why did you get it so big?

Michael: A) That's what she said and B) I wanted it to be impressive.  Biggest day of the year deserves the biggest tree of the year. 

Kevin: But what are we going to do with this hacked off part?

Michael: Well, that is a perfectly good mini tree, Kevin, and we are going to sell that to charity.  That's what Christmas is all about.

---

Kevin: I got myself for Secret Santa.  I was supposed to tell somebody...but I didn't.  (smiles)

---

Michael: Reverse psychology is an awesome tool.  I don't know if you guys know about it but basically, you make someone think the opposite of what you believe and that tricks them into doing something stupid.  Works like a charm.

MUSIC

#24 on my countdown is Oh My God by The Kaiser Chiefs.  I'm going to hold off on information about them because they are coming up again in a few days and this entry is long enough.

Kaiser Chiefs :Employment :'Oh My God'

Kaiser Chiefs

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, you watch "The Office" huh? You a fan of Steve Carrell? I watched "The 40-Year-Old Virgin" the other day but wasnt impressed. It comes out on Tues.
~Tricia