Tuesday, December 6, 2005

The Northway in Upstate NY has no Exit 3

  I read the other day that TPTB are looking into expanding decency laws to include cable TV and satellite radio.  This is just unbelievable.  I already have to pay extra money to see movies the way they were filmed and listen to music the way it was recorded and now someone wants to tell me that I can't even do that?  Wasn't one of the things this country was founded on freedom of speech?  I don't listen to songs that have curses in them or the uncensored comedy channel when my daughter is in the car with me nor do I let her watch movies unless I know what's in them.  Is that too simple?  To actually monitor what your kids are doing?  Now I may have to watch a movie where a sex scene has been cut out or listen to a song with a beep in it because the government feels the need to regulate everything. 

  They say officially it's because non-regulated media have an unfair advantage in the competition with broadcast television or terrestrial radio.  They may say that, but I know what the trouble really is and I don't even listen to the man.  Howard Stern is going someplace where they can't get to him.  You know there's some uptight dudes somewhere freaking out over an uncensored Stern.  And they are going to do whatever they can to get to him in order to continue their personal vendetta, even if it means taking away another form of freedom from us regular guys who just might want to hear a song with the word shit in it and not think anything of it.

(How ridiculous is censorship?  A few weeks ago, I heard a DJ on 102.7, a terrestrial indie station out of Vermont, say that he couldn't play the Bloodhound Gang song "Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo" because it was potentially indecent.  This is a song with no curse words in it, that is filled with nothing more than nonsensical innuendo and it was not allowed to be played on the air...in fact, the DJ wasn't even sure if he could say the name of the song on the air!  What impressionable young child can even figure out what the police alphabet is and realize that the song "has" a "bad word" in it?

You know what I think of censorship?  Censorship Bravo Lima Oscar Whiskey Sierra.  Did that make sense to you?)

Anyway...

  #25 on my Best of 2005 list is Four Kicks by The Kings of Leon.  I'm not going to link to anything since I know that the video is severely edited.  You can read the archives to see what I thought of that.  Totally a coincidence that this song came up the same day I had a little rant.  To sum up, I felt it was totally ridiculous to edit the violent words (blood, etc.) yet still show all the violent images on the screen.  Anyway, this is a great little two minute song about southern dudes kicking some pretty city boy's ass because "there ain't shit else to do".  Oops, I said a bad word again!

---------------------------------------------------

And now the completely offensive lyrics to Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo by The Bloodhound Gang.  Please do not read if you are in the least bit offended by any word in the English language.  If you read this and your eyes begin to bleed, consult your nearest FCC representative immediately.

 

Vulcanize the whoopie stick in the ham wallet

Cattleprod the oyster ditch with the lap rocket

Batterdip the cranny axe in the gut locker

Retrofit the pudding hatch (ooh la la) with the boink swatter

Chorus: If I get you in the loop when I make a point to be straight with you then in lieu of the innuendo in the end you know my intent though

I Brazilian wax poetic so pathetically

I don't wanna beat around the bush

Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo

Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo

 

Marinate the nether rod in the squish mitten

Powerdrill the yippee bog with the dude piston

Pressurewash the quiver bone in the bitch wrinkle

Cannonball the fiddle cove (ooh la la) with the pork steeple

(Chorus)

Put the you-know-what in the you-know-where

Put the you-know-what in the you-know-where- pronto!


 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As you know, I LOVE Howard and am sad to see him leaving the non-pay for radio station here in Connecticut.  The government better not start to censor satellite radio!  That business would be gone in the blink of an eye if they can get their hands onto it that's for sure.  And, yes, you are right, Howard has a big ole' target on his head, and they are all pissed off that they can't get to him if it's a pay radio station.  We actually have Howard on payperview here now.  You can sign up through your cable company and watch Howard as much as you want to.  Bet they get their hands on that too soon.  Sigh.
Hugs and love,
Lisa