Monday, October 25, 2004

Video Review- "Cold"

"Cold"- Crossfade

  Today's video came highly recommended from a co-worker who told me the girl in it is really hot.  The guy didn't even know the band's name- he called them Coldfade, I think.  Heck, I don't blame him for being confused with "Cold" being out at the same time as "So Cold" by Breaking Benjamin.  There's also bands named Cold and Coldplay for that matter..

  But I'm losing focus- back to the hot girl.  She looks okay to me but I think he must have built her up too much in my head.  What strikes me more than any beauty in this video is the irony.  Lead singer Ed Sloan is singing that he never meant to be so cold, while completely ignoring the young lady who has interrupted his band's session.  She even nudges him to no avail.  When he finally does acknowledge her presence, he is singing at her, not to her.

  It is no surprise then that she goes into the bathroom and throws a picture of them into the toilet- literally where the relationship has gone.  In the spots where the woman is seen moving on with her life, the roles are almost reversed- she is the one ignoring him as he watches on very closely.  It's almost as if he is a ghost.

  I like the song, which always helps when I'm judging a video, but the video itself isn't very high concept and the girl, while pleasing, isn't nearly as smoking hot as I was led to believe.  I'll fight through my own shallowness to give this one a B.

LAUNCH: Music Video Player

No comments: