Saturday, February 26, 2005

AD Quotes III

I suppose I should have started with Michael Bluth (Golden Globe winner Jason Bateman) since he is the main character after all.  But I just knew there would be soooo many quotes to choose from since the man interacts with everyone on the show.  Anyway, Michael is the one link to sanity the Bluth family has.  He was all set to abandon his family and move to Phoenix until his father was arrested for massive fraud and his family intervened (or imposed) and had Michael stay to run the Bluth Company.  He is essentially the straight man in this zany cast of characters, but his cynicism is always just under the surface ready to lash out with a one-liner at the next idiotic thing he witnesses.

---

 Michael: I got a job. Something you apply for, and then they pay you to, uh... never mind. I don’t want to ruin the surprise.

---

Michael: I’m running the business a little bit differently.

Oscar: Well, you do the best with what you have. I have lemons, I make lemonade.

Michael: That’s a very positive attitude.

Oscar: But I hate the lemonade business, I hate the grind. You have to grind so many (bleep)ing lemons.

Michael: You’re not a very metaphorical person, are you?

---

Michael: We have a private eye, huh?

Lucille: Oh, I hired him a hundred years ago to find out if your father was cheating on me. He never did find anything.

Michael: Well, he can’t be very good then.

---

George, Sr.: Michael, this is my brother. Do you know what it’s like to have a sibling who has no source of income except for you?

Michael: Just one? No, no idea. It sounds wonderful, though.

---

Lindsay: Hey, look, it’s not coming from me. It’s George Michael. He told me. I think he wants a mother.

Michael: Well, that’s ridiculous. He’s got you. He’s got our mother. You’d think that would turn him off the entire concept.

---

Michael: We can’t build a house in two weeks. Also, I’m not so sure how “solid as a rock” helps people forget the fact that we built houses in Iraq.

---

GOB: You should have stayed with me last night. You could have seen me get some major action from a major blonde. Who just majored in marine biology, if you know what I mean.

Michael: I-I don’t know what you mean. I can’t imagine what that means.

---

Lucille: And it’s so nice not to have to worry about getting pregnant. The doctor said I couldn’t be a mother now if I tried.

Michael: And that was without even interviewing me.

---

Lucille: And I’m putting Buster in charge.

G.O.B.: He’s a good choice.

Michael: Buster? The guy who thought that the blue on the map was land?

---

Lindsay: Oh, I’m up here, Mike. And I’m not coming down. I’m going to save this tree, no matter what it takes!

Michael: Okay. I’ll see you when you realize what that bucket’s for.

---

Michael: Sure. You know, I-I-I’m happy to cooperate, but I really don’t know anything more than you know. I certainly didn’t, didn’t kill her and drop her in the Back Bay. Boy, I hope that’s not what happened to her.

Officer Taylor: I’m sure it isn’t. (Into radio.) Please send Officer Davis and little Hannah to the Back Bay.

---

Michael: Have you had a chance to type up that report yet?

Kitty: No, I have been Googling your father.

Michael: So I’ve heard.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats for being the Editors #2 pick of the week !!!!!!!!  Ann

New more personal:
http://journals.aol.com/a2002v2002/YoYoWeightloss/

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being one of the top 5. You're journal is great!!!!!!! We Homeschool & I have two girls one 24 who graduated from Homeschooling & is teaching at a private school & one 17 who has her license now and takes care of two special needs children several time a week. She also baby sits for a woman's group on Fridays and occasionally for others in the community. Both care for the elderly and visit them weekly, love kids & animals & take Karate they are brown belts now and test for black next year & Piano. We also love to go camping. We love animals and always take our two big dogs camping. We love working on old cars also or just fixing our up. You can also check out our kodak pictures page first link in our OTHER JOURNALS LINKS. Cars, animals and our way of living are all there. We love getting posts in my journal & see how our daily life goes on I 'd love to hear from you.  LORI  http://journals.aol.com/my78novata/LorisLaurels/

Anonymous said...

i have to start by saying congrad's on making it to the top 5  so i took a look at your jurn and i loved it .  i will be back for more and i too love that cartoon aqua teen hunger force  adult swim kicks butt. they have the best cartoons late at night .

thx for sharing

crittle

Anonymous said...

Awesome journal! Congrats on being picked for AOL Journal's Editors Picks! :-)