Wednesday, February 9, 2005

Career Update

Big week for my writing career.  1) I've actually gotten off my butt and started looking again in regard to how to get published.  I keep getting letters from all kinds of self-publishing companies but I can't seem to shake the notion that someone should be paying me to write, not the other way around.  Still, if they take a credit card, it might just be better to get the book out there.  It's certainly not making my career by sitting in the computer.

2) Madden '05 is not as all consuming a hobby as I thought it would be, probably because it's not all that different from '04.  The new features added to the franchise mode are more tedious than fun and I'm pretty sure I will break the shackles of the Playstation fairly soon and get back to writing #2.  That's Book #2, not...you know. LOL

3) The best thing happened yesterday that I anticipate will help me greatly.  My wife won an e-bay auction on my behalf and practically stole a new laptop.  With the freedom of portability, I can now go in the bedroom to write when my girls hog the computer or not lose a day of writing when I go to visit my mother.  This is going to be huge for me. 

No comments: