Sunday, May 14, 2006

Another Post-op entry

  I can't tell you how much I did not want to have the surgery done on my right hand.  But the good news is that it's not as bad as I thought it would be.  I am not crippled and helpless after all.  It still hurts but I think righty is generally just tougher and more resilient than lazy, weak-minded lefty.  With lefty I didn't even want to wiggle my fingers for a week.  Righty is already doing some light grasping.  I got my jeans on, I can use a pen when I have to and best of all, I can use the mouse and type!

  Yesterday was my thirtieth birthday. Ouch!  Thanks to everyone who sent best wishes.  Here is what my brother got me:  http://shopzone.wwe.com/displayimage.asp?product=04009X.JPG

Neat!  Unfortunately, the wife would not welcome Carlito Bear into our bed. 

My mom handed me some cash which I used yesterday to buy the first season of Veronica Mars.  It's pretty good so far.  Remember I told you about our Target's blowout sales on DVDs?  Well they were doing it again.  Best Buy and a different Target want 45 bucks for Veronica and I got it for 22.99 at the Target near us.  Crazy!  They also had all the OC seasons for the same price, but it was my birthday, not Keri's.

  The best present I got was obviously the laptop, but something terrible has happened already.  Keri was playing Diner Dash on there and the battery died.  Unfortunately, when you're playing a game and the battery dies, the computer shuts down to protect itself.  Now we can't start it because it keeps making errors.  We called tech support and they are sending recovery CDs which don't come with the computer.  So even though I can type, i cant write. :(  As I understand it, the computer doesn't come with the CDs because it is supposed to save itself without them, as long as you dont have anything stored.  As Keri said, Who doesn't store anything on a computer??  We could have reset to factory default, but I would have lost the 6 chapters I worked on all week.  Not happening!   The lesson:  keep the laptop plugged in unless you absolutely can't.

  Also at Target we bought my mom a bicycle for Mother's day.  It didn't fit in the car so I rode it home.  During the ride I found something that my hand couldnt do.  Squeeze the brake hard enough.  That could have been a disaster, but luckily I have mad skillz.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Veronica Mars" is awesome and you will love it!