Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Top Ten

   I've had a little problem ever since I got this computer back.  And I do mean little.  It seems that all text and fonts are just slightly smaller than they were before.  Even at the top of this screen where it tells me the name of the journal, Journal: The Voyages.. is so small that it looks like a different font and the letters are all compressed.  I have tried everything I can think of to adjust the size but nothing seems to work.  This is getting very frustrating.

---

  I read my wife's comments and agree with her correction of the goof she noticed on Greys.  Overall I was a little letdown by the finale.  After the mortal danger presented in the Super Bowl episode, I thought they would have something gigantic happen.  I don't care enough about Meredith for who she ends up with to be the cliffhanger.  I also thought Burke being shot would be a more life-threatening issue.  It would have been better to have the psycho gun man running around the hospital on the loose, I think.

  As for Prison Break, it was exciting to finally have everyone on the loose.  Though since they end almost every episode on a cliffhanger, there was not much they could have done to make a really great ending.  I'm sure in the first five minutes of the next season, they'll jump in a hole and get away or something.

------

This Week's Top Ten

1. Crazy- Gnarls Barkley

2. Hands Open- Snow Patrol

3. Fraud in the 80's- Mates of State

4. The Number- Pretty Girls Make Graves

5. This Isn't Farm Life- Essex Green

6. Song With A Mission- The Sounds

7. Phenomena- Yeah Yeah Yeahs

8. Miss Murder- AFI

9. Conventional Wisdom- Built To Spill

10. New English- Ambulance LTD

---

Health Update- Last night I pulled on a car door that I didn't know was locked and I really hurt my left hand.  It felt like the bruise was back and my wrist was throbbing all night.  I think there is something really wrong with my left hand maybe even beyond CTS.  Doc said to give it a few months, but when the hand that was operated on last Friday feels better than one that was done on April 3, that doesn't seem right.  Oh well.

 

EDIT: I had to increase the size of the text just so I could read this once it was posted.  I apologize if it appears gigantic on your screen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Someone recently told me a little trick that I never heard of before, but now that I am getting ummm, well, "older", I need to increase the size of fonts on certain people's journals.  Just hit the "Ctrl" key and at the same time roll your mouse (if you have the roller wheel that is) and it will increase the font or decrease it.  Give it a try!  :)
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I FIXED IT  I FIXED IT!!!!  I FIXED THE TEXT PROBLEM!! :-)

Anonymous said...

You know it is true that if you are right handed, that hand is stronger. I am not surprised that the left is recovering more slowly. I wouldn't worry about it just yet. My wedding rings are so much smaller that they don't even fit my right hand. My left hand is smaller because it is weaker. Don't get panicky yet. I am sure you are fine.