Monday, May 1, 2006

# 2

  I have some very exciting news.  For the first time in over a year, I have been writing.  Over the weekend, I got an idea.  Then I went for a long walk and solidified it into an entire plot line for a novel.  So far I have 500 words with no signs of slowing down.  I am in the zone- the writing zone that makes you euphoric and excited and reminds you of what you can do.  It feels out of my control.  I don't have to force anything.  I'm amazed.  I had almost given up on this never happening again.

The bad news is that I might not be around here as much. 

  In other writing news, we ordered my surgery sympathy/birthday/father's day present last night.  It's a laptop, like I've always wanted.  Now I'll be able to do my writing from anywhere, which will come in handy for times like this morning, when I wanted to tear into it, but Kasey was playing on here.  I am excited.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wahoo!  ::I'll patiently wait...I'll patiently wait....I'll patiently wait....I'll patiently wait...::

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!  We will eagerly await your next offering.  Make sure you check back in with us when you come up for air, though!

Anonymous said...

WOO-HOO!!!  I am so excited for you!!!!!  Writing again AND a laptop!!??  What more could you ask for?!??!  Well, don't answer that.  I am still very excited for you and looking forward to your next book!
Hugs and love,
Lisa